Skills: Fabrication, Mechanic, Welding
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Denver, CO, US
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Location(s): CO - Denver
Are you fit and ready to work hard at a challenging but rewarding job that doesn’t require you to sit behind a desk all day? Do you want to build a long-term career in a stable industry at a company that’s committed to treating you with respect, training you well and ensuring your safety? A field or skilled labor job at Xcel Energy could be the opportunity you’re looking for.
***NOTE: This position requires an assessment prior to interview consideration. We ask you to please carefully read the instructions below
Xcel Energy is looking for talented and experienced Mechanic Classified to join the Xcel Energy team at the Lipan Distribution Center in Denver, Colorado!
Selection criteria will also include an interview and pre-employment written and hands-on testing that will take place at a company training facility.
The company reserves the right to close this posting at any time.
Classified Mechanic performs certificated welding using SMAW, GTAW, FCAW, and must be able to fabricate and assemble equipment in support of construction and maintenance activities in, around, and associated with high voltage electric transmission and distribution substations. Work on energized high voltage equipment is not required. Work performed by the Classified Mechanic may be done in a variety of locations including, but not limited to, energized electric substations and at an internal fabrication shop. Candidates must be able to interpret drawings to fabricate parts using a variety of machines and then, must be able to fit, and weld them into assemblies. Examples, although not all inclusive, are light to heavy gauge steel, stainless steel, and aluminum pipe.
- Be able to set-up and operate both manual lathes and mills.
- Be able to operate and read micrometers and calipers, both digital and dial.
- Be able to read and understand electrical schematics, and symbols to repair electrical devices and tools.
- Have a good understanding of hydraulic principles, hydraulic tools and mechanical tools.
- Perform all work in a safe and efficient manner in energized electric substations and in the fabrication shop.
- Be subject to call out and extended work hours.
- Train apprentices and perform other duties as required.
- Be able to work with and fabricate from a variety of materials such as steel, copper, aluminum, wood, tin, plexi-glass, or rubber.
- High School Education or Equivalent
- Must demonstrate Journeyman level knowledge
- Must have a working knowledge of lockout tag-out procedures and electrical clearances
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in Journeyman level of welding, machining, tool repair, and electric equipment repair.
- Individuals should have a good working knowledge of computers, work related software, and Microsoft Office.
- Individuals are required to be available for afterhours scheduled and unscheduled work, emergency response and call outs.
- A class A CDL is preferred but not mandatory
- Requires out of town travel with a company vehicle and stays overnight for completion of assignments, emergency responses, and call outs.
- Required to travel in adverse weather conditions to assignment destinations.
- Position is required to be able to lift, move, and carry equipment weighing up to 70 lbs.
- Individual must adhere to, practice, and follow the corporate policies and procedures.
Steps in Xcel Energys hiring process
- All qualified candidates will be sent an online assessment via e-mail. Applicants must successfully pass in order to be further considered.
- Candidates who successfully pass the assessment will be contacted to come in for an information session and interview.
- After attending our information session/interview, our Team Leaders will collaborate to decide which candidates are best qualified and offers will be made.
- Candidates who accept the employment offer will be required to pass Xcel Energy-s background check and drug test. This process can take up to two weeks before clearance is issued.
- After successful passing of the background check and drug test, candidates are ready to start the training class.
- As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you-re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes:- CO - Denver