Skills: Fitter / Turner, Mechanic
Other Skills: CDL, journeyman
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Fort Collins, CO, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
Location(s): CO - Fort Collins
Do you want to have an essential role supporting the energy infrastructure that provides power to millions of homes and businesses? Do you want to build a long-term career in a stable industry at a company that’s committed to treating you with respect, training you well and ensuring your safety? Consider a position within Xcel Energy’s natural gas operations.
Xcel Energy is looking for a talented and experienced Fitter to join the Xcel Energy team at the Fort Collins Service Center in Fort Collins Colorado!
This position is responsible for maintaining and installing Xcel Energy gas mains, services, reg-stations, meter sets and respond to customer gas leak inside and out.
- The duties of the position include, but are not limited to: install, maintain, and perform required inspections on all gas meters, regulators, mains, services, and odorization equipment for residential, commercial, and industrial customers; operate mechanical trenching/excavating equipment and related tools necessary to install gas mains and services
- Respond to routine and emergency orders
- Evaluate operational characteristics of gas-fired appliances and associated equipment, ie fuel line flex connectors, vents; PE fusion; operational surveys; locating; meter reading; valve maintenance; and material handling
- Must have a High School diploma or GED
- Must be cross trained
- Must have completed an approved apprentice program and be qualified as a journeyman
- Must have a current CDL
- Must live 30 miles or 30 minutes of the-Fort Collins-Service Center
- Must be able to lift 90 pounds safely
- Must pass a Gas Respirator Qualification Test and will be subject to DOT drug and alcohol testing
**NOTE: This position requires-an assessments prior to being considered for an interview so please read the following instructions carefully:
Step 1 Application and Online Assessment:
1. Create a profile by applying for a position
2. Apply to the job posting
3. Should you meet the minimum qualifications, you may receive an invitation to complete an online assessment. Please follow the assessment instructions carefully and complete the online assessment within 72 hours.
Step-2 Selection Process:
9. Please allow a couple of weeks for assessment results and applications to be reviewed. You will be notified if you are selected for an interview.
10. If you are not selected for an interview, you will receive notice that the hiring leader has chosen to go with another candidate.
11. If you do not successfully complete the assessment, you are eligible to re-take-it after 6 months.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you-re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes:- CO - Fort Collins