Skills: Engineering Manager, Project Engineer, Technical Manager
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Township of Welch, MN, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Location(s): MN - Welch
Are you ready to take your leadership potential to the next level with a growing Fortune 500 company?- Xcel Energy is at the leading edge of an industry that is changing quickly. We-re seeking dynamic, proven leaders to help guide us into this exciting energy future. If you-re looking to lead at a company that is committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship, with plenty of room to grow, consider a position at Xcel Energy.
Xcel Energy is hiring a Nuclear Program Engineering Manager to be based out of the Prairie Island Nuclear Generating Plant in Welch, MN. The Manager will oversee approximately four Engineering Supervisors and will travel once per quarter for benchmarking, industry events, and INPO visits. -
Development and control of capital and O&M budgets. Development of short term and long term plans to ensure efficiency and regulatory success. Manage and provide outside support for refuel outages. Site spokesperson for Engineering Programs to INPO, NRC, and other outside organizations. Establishment of performance indicators and goals for Engineering Programs. Participation in NMC fleet Program Engineering activities and meetings. Management sponsor for selected fleet engineering program technical teams. Supports the ongoing operations of the sites and fleet and is jointly accountable with site and fleet personnel for the sites and fleet meeting their excellence plans. Will interface with site and fleet management teams as required to accomplish the vision and mission of Xcel Energy.
- Supports the ongoing operations of the sites and fleet and is jointly accountable with site and fleet personnel for the sites and fleet meeting their excellence plans. Interface with site and fleet management teams as required to accomplish the vision and mission of NMC.
- Development and control of capital and O&M budgets. Establish performance indicators and goals for Engineering Programs. Develop short term and long term plans to ensure efficiency and regulatory success.
- Participation in nuclear fleet Program Engineering activities and meetings.
Management sponsor for selected fleet engineering program technical teams. Managing and providing outside support for refuel outages.
- Site spokesperson for Engineering Programs to INPO, NRC, and other outside
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related technical field, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 10 years of relevant nuclear experience
- 5 years engineering or equivalent supervisory experience
- Diverse knowledge base in multiple engineering programs
- Advanced management training or education
- PE license
- Current or previous SRO license/certification
Must live within 60 minutes to ensure proper implementation of Emergency Response plan.
A condition of employment will be successfully obtaining and maintaining General Security Clearance and a Nuclear Security Clearance for unescorted access to Xcel Energy nuclear plants including successful completion of nuclear General Access Training (GAT) and the nuclear security screening process (typically consists of an alcohol/drug screen, a criminal history check, a psychological assessment, initial credit and background investigation and periodic credit & criminal history checks).
This position requires a behavioral assessment prior to being considered for an interview.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you-re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes:- MN - Welch