Skills: Maintenance Technician, Mechanic, Welding
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Minneapolis, MN, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Location(s): MN - Minneapolis
Are you fit and ready to work hard at a challenging but rewarding job that doesn’t require you to sit behind a desk all day? Do you want to build a long-term career in a stable industry at a company that’s committed to treating you with respect, training you well and ensuring your safety? A field or skilled labor job at Xcel Energy could be the opportunity you’re looking for.
***NOTE: This position requires an assessment prior to interview consideration. We ask you to please carefully read the instructions below
Xcel Energy is looking for talented and experienced Operating Maintenance Technicians to be located at 414 Nicollet Mall and will be responsible for the 401/414 Nicollet Mall Campus. This position may require travel to other sites within the Metro West region.
The company reserves the right to close this posting at any time.
Heating, ventilating and air conditioning (HVAC) systems, including but not limited to, boilers, chillers, heat pumps, and DX rooftop units, as well as experience with building automation, fire life safety systems, and preventative maintenance programs. This position will require successful candidate to be available for emergency call-out and overtime assignments.
- Successful candidate will have a High school diploma or equivalent, a valid driver's license, and meet all of the following criteria:
- Currently a Journeyman Technician or five years of operating experience combined with equivalent course work or competency card.
- Possession of a 2nd class "C" Boiler license or higher.
- Must possess a universal CFC certification
- Proficient in BAS (Building Automation Systems) and have proficiency in related BAS and Microsoft Office systems. Experience with computerized maintenance management systems is a plus.
- Possess a high mechanical aptitude and high level of learning ability to maintain proficient understanding of various types of building systems.
- Ability to work independently and with limited supervision.
- Ability to perform work from ladders, scaffolding and in high and confined areas and ability to sixty (60) pounds.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
Also, must be proficient in maintenance and repair tasks such as:
- Welding and brazing
- Sheet metal repair and installation
- Electric and electronic troubleshooting
- Proper and safe use of chemicals
- Equipment installation and repair, i.e., motors, bearing shafts and related equipment
- Various structural and building repairs, i.e., garage doors, minor roof repairs
- Proficient working knowledge of heating systems, i.e., boilers, steam and hydromic, gas fired rooftops, heat pump systems, etc.
- Proficient working knowledge of cooling systems, i.e., chillers, rooftops and other types
- Proficient working knowledge of fire/life safety systems
- Proficient working knowledge of UPS/generator/battery systems
Steps in Xcel Energy-s hiring process
- All qualified candidates will be sent an online assessment via e-mail. Applicants must successfully pass in order to be further considered.
- Candidates who successfully pass the assessment will be contacted to come in for an information session and interview.
- After attending our information session/interview, our Team Leaders will calibrate to decide which candidates are best qualified and offers will be made.
- Candidates who accept the employment offer will be required to pass Xcel Energy-s background check and drug test. This process can take up to two weeks before clearance is issued.
- After successful passing of the background check and drug test, candidates are ready to start the training class.
- As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you-re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes:- MN - Minneapolis