Skills: Accounting, Financial Analyst, Operations Management
Other Skills: pipeline, terminal, operations, accounting, finance, midstream, oil and gas, Excel, VBA
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, TX, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Assist in execution of the internal operational and financial reporting and other accounting functions within the Crude Oil Accounting department while gathering and providing financial information to other groups. Specifically, the Crude Oil Accountant will track and record crude oil volumes received from customers, transported to market, placed in storage, and delivered to purchasers. This position reports to the Supervisor of Crude Oil Accounting.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Analyze pipeline/terminal statements and support from operations and commercial groups to correctly record crude oil marketing activity.
- Work with commercial team and field/terminal employees to ensure completeness and accuracy of crude oil transactions recorded in accounting system.
- Responsible for inventory variance explanations and resolving issues with the field.
- Ability to problem solve outstanding issues by working with various departments and external parties.
- Document and update desk procedures for assigned locations and tasks, as needed.
- Observe and communicate identified departmental process improvements to supervisor/manager.
- Be willing to work overtime during the monthly close and to meet deadlines, if needed.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, and ability to interact effectively with various levels of staff and management.
- Motivated, self-directed and results-driven approach to work, also takes ownership of assigned tasks.
- Deadline orientated with excellent organizational skills and pays attention to details.
- Ability to independently develop solutions to problems/challenges as they arise.
- Effective in a dynamic environment, adapting to and managing change in a positive and proactive manner.
- Capable of establishing effective working relationships that promote teamwork and collaboration.
- Effective interaction with marketing, scheduling, regulatory reporting, lease accounting, net-outs, and the field.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting (preferred) or Finance is required.
- Experience within or general understanding of the midstream oil and gas industry is preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (2007+), particularly Excel, is required. VBA experience is preferred.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills and a conceptual understanding of systems are preferred.
Plains All American Pipeline (Plains) is a publicly-traded master limited partnership that owns and operates midstream energy infrastructure and provides logistics services for crude oil, natural gas liquids (NGL), natural gas, and refined products. We own an extensive network of pipeline transportation, terminalling, storage and gathering assets in key crude oil and NGL producing basins and transportation corridors, and at major market hubs in the United States and Canada. On average, we handle over 4 million barrels per day of crude oil and NGL on our pipelines. The company is headquartered in Houston, Texas.