Skills: Secretarial or Administrative
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Hanover, MD, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.
The Advanced Technologies (ADTECH) group of Oceaneering is recognized as an industry leader in enabling humans to work safely and effectively in harsh environments ranging from the depths of the sea to the outer reaches of space. ADTECH specializes in the support of manned systems and the development and application of practical, cost-effective robotic systems in multiple industries.
ADTECH designs, builds, and operates unique underwater systems for the US Navy and provides life cycle maintenance services for Submarines and Deep Submergence Systems. ADTECH is developing the next generation space suit for NASA and provides robotic and spacecraft life support systems. ADTECH is also an award winning leader in design, build, and installation of theme park entertainment ride systems and provides intra-logistic solutions using AGV systems.
ADTECH's business areas are: Oceaneering Technologies, Marine Services Division, Oceaneering Space Systems, Oceaneering Entertainment Systems, Frog AGV Systems, and ADTECH Manufacturing Group.
For more information please go to www.oceaneering.com and click on Products & Services, then click on Non-Oilfield, then click on Naval and Marine Services.
The Senior Administrative Assistant performs administrative duties OTECH Management and various ADTECH Divisions.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for supporting and/or managing administrative tasks in support of projects/programs and departmental tasks.
- Responsible for tasks including but not limited to: scheduling appointments, travel arrangements, expense reports, meeting support, word processing, faxing, copying, maintaining supplies, record-keeping, and mail distribution.
- Receive and screen telephone calls and visitors.
- Handle customer/vendor contacts.
- Assist in preparation of slide presentations and database updates.
- Cover the main switchboard as required.
- Overtime may be required on an as-needed basis.
- A.A. Degree or equivalent experience.
- Ten years office experience.
- Three years of experience working for Executive level Managers.
- Proven track record of working well with others.
- Advanced knowledge of Word, Excel, Adobe, and PowerPoint software.
- Knowledge of Windows based Electronic Mail and data communications.
- Must be able to work independently on multiple tasks and prioritize workloads.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work well within a team environment.
- Verbal and interpersonal skills necessary to effectively communicate.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Strong grammar and proofreading skills.
- Knowledge of web-based applications/conferencing a plus.
- Candidate will have to perform in an ISO-9000 rated company in a rapidly changing and demanding atmosphere.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint. Peoplesoftknowledge preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, political affiliation, marital status, sexual orientation, or other non-merit factors.
Job Title: Sr. Administrative Assistant
Location: Hanover, Maryland
Job ID: 11104
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Oceaneering develops products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. The company is the world's largest manufacturer and operator of work class Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROVs) and is also a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, workover control systems, asset integrity services, umbilicals, subsea hardware and tooling. Oceaneering also serves the aerospace, defense and theme park industries.