Skills: Materials Management , Purchasing
Other Skills: construction / contracts and procurement
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Brisbane CBD – 111 Eagle street , Australia
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: Australia
Develop, manage and execute materials contracts, which support the operational and strategic needs of Arrows upstream surface facilities.
Shell and PetroChina JV
6 month fixed term contract
Brisbane CBD - 111 Eagle street
We're always looking for new environments to explore, new boundaries to push and new opportunities to drive performance. Arrow Energy is an integrated energy company, owned by two of the largest oil and gas companies in the world, Shell and PetroChina, Arrow Energy is looking for a Contracts Engineers to join their team.
Reporting to the Senior Contract Specialist Surface Material, you will develop, manage and execute materials contracts, which support the operational and strategic needs of Arrows upstream surface facilities.
In addition you will:
- Prepare of new contracts, contract amendments, raising purchase orders to meet business objectives, accountabilities and controls; engineering, construction and materials contracts for works and services of various types, modes and risk;
- Conduct tendering and sourcing processes, developing and analysing tender and contracts documentation;
- Carry out pre-qualifications and tenders (including development of questionnaires, evaluation matrix, coordination of evaluation process);
- Develop contracts, which meet business objectives, accountabilities and controls.
- Liaise with legal and tax departments on terms and conditions of non-standard/ deviations contract;
- Reviewing contract scope of services for completeness;
- Researching and interpreting contract provisions including explanation of contract processes, penalties, and compliance terms to Budget and Contract Holders;
- Holding and/or leading negotiations with contractors to ensure advantageous terms and Conditions.
To be successful in the role, you must be a seasoned Contracts and Procurement professional who has Materials Contracts experience. Preference will be given to local market experience within the upstream gas industry. An education in a relevant field or an equivalent level of expertise gained from a combination of experience, training or professional accreditation is a must.
In return for your efforts, Arrow Energy is offering an attractive remuneration package, commensurate with your qualifications and experience. All applications will be considered with utmost confidentiality.
One Arrow, One Team.
We embrace diversity and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates.
Arrow is an integrated coal seam gas (CSG) company. Arrow explores and develops gas fields, produces and sells CSG and generates electricity.
Arrow has been safely and sustainably developing CSG since 2000 and supplying it commercially since 2004, and now delivers almost 20 per cent of Queensland’s gas supply from its five CSG fields in the Bowen and Surat basins.
With CSG exploration activities under way across Queensland, Arrow is working to meet the growing international demand for cleaner burning fuels through gas supply for liquefied natural gas export.
Arrow is owned by a joint venture company between Shell and PetroChina (50/50).