Skills: Emergency Response, Paramedic / Nurse, Safety Training Rep
Other Skills: Confined Space, High Angle Rescue, Level II Technical Ropes, U/A Program Administration, Rescue, Ropes
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Salary: Competitive hourly rate. Per diem allowance. Medical, Dental, Vision, and more with 1st day of work eligibility.
Location: Baytown, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Safety Management Systems is hiring a Texas Registered Paramedic to provide appropriate, efficient, and timely pre-hospital Advanced, Intermediate and Basic Life Support care to the sick and injured in the assigned industrial environment in accordance with local, state, national, and SMS standards of practice.
This position also provides the location with highly professional service in the areas of medical administration industrial hygiene, health safety education, medical records keeping and reporting, onsite UA administration, and other responsibilities that may be necessary.
The selected Paramedic for this position will be required to have training certifications in Confined Space Entry and Level II High Angle Rescue (Technical Ropes). A minimum of one year experience operating in or preferably, leading a rescue team is highly desireable. If otherwise qualified, but not certified in High Angle Rescue or Confined Space Entry, the successful candidate will be required to attend and complete these training courses. We will provide this training.
This job description is not intended, nor should it be construed, to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, skills or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a general description of the essential duties and requirements common to positions of this type and may be subject to change. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must meet and fulfill the medical qualifications, requirements, functions and responsibilities of the Emergency Medical Technician - Basic and Emergency Medical Technician - Intermediate job descriptions.
• Documents all aspects of patient condition and treatment on EMS run reports. Obtains and records non-medical patient information as required by the company. Completes other patient documentation and forms as required by the company.
• Conducts regular equipment inventory and testing to insure all equipment for which the paramedic is responsible is present, clean and in proper working order.
• Documents and reports all needed repairs to the proper maintenance departments (electronic or mechanical) as well as to supervisors and other project personnel as required.
• Conducts a careful examination of the patient for signs and symptoms of illness / injury and assists other medical personnel as necessary.
• Provides prompt and efficient basic, intermediate or advanced life support care of the patient prior to and in some cases during transport to the medical facility.
• Coordinates safe and efficient transport of the patient in the ambulance or helicopter to the medical facility.
• Provides a safe and efficient transfer of patient and patient care information to the receiving personnel at the destination.
• Upon completion of transport, responsible for the assigned duties which will place the sick bay and equipment back in service.
• In the absence of other qualified personnel, responsible for the use of basic extrication tools and procedures to gain access to the patient when necessary.
• In the absence of other qualified personnel, responsible for controlling the patient's surroundings is such a way as to minimize further danger and control the actions of bystanders.
• Follows all FCC regulations when communicating via electronic communications equipment.
• Administers basic, intermediate and advanced patient care within the limits of licensure or certification and in accordance with approved protocols.
• Attends all mandatory company meetings as scheduled.
• Completes assigned workstation duties as required by the position.
• Orders supplies and equipment from Central Supply to replenish sick bay inventories as needed
• Assist and/or Instruct during client specific training.
• Conduct orientation of new employees and visitors.
• Completes record keeping, filing, data entry as required by the project.
• Prepare different types of reports as required by the project or requested by the project supervisor.
• Answer phones and radios.
• Performs other duties as required by supervisor.
Must currently live within daily commuting distance of Baytown, TX, or be willing to immediately relocate at your own expense upon hire.
• High School Diploma or GED
• Texas State Paramedic
• Minimum of 1 year of ALS experience (paramedic level).
• Current and valid state driver's license.
• Must be able to read, write and communicate professionally and effectively with employees and managers.
• Must possess the ability to write simple correspondence or reports. Must possess the ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees and/or managers.