Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, TX, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.
The Director, Tax Reporting will encomplass 50% tax/financial reporting comliance and 50% tax research/planning.
Duties & Responsibilities
* Tax compliance functions include, but not limited to:*
- Overseeing completion of the federal consolidated Form 1120 including Form 5471, state income and franchise tax returns, state annual reports, US partnership returns, federal and state depreciation spreadsheets, and any amended returns
Coordination of federal and state income tax audits
Financial reporting functions include, but not limited to:
- Completion of consolidated tax provision
- Completion of financial statement disclosures
* Tax research and planning functions include, but not limited to*:
- Oversee automation initiatives within the tax department
- Manufacturing deduction, R&D; credits and accounting methods
- BEPS initiatives including CbC reporting, transfer pricing considerations, etc.
- Liaise with in-house international tax resources
- Coordinate efforts with accounting regarding long-term incentive compensation
- Develop action plans and plan for use of additional resources as necessary
- Identify ways to adapt to changing conditions by improving strategies to achieve organizational goals
- Confer with management to develop alternate solutions to problems as they arise
- Synthesize complex or diverse information and work to develop policies and procedures
- Bachelors’ Degree in Accounting.
- Ten to fifteen years of corporate tax experience with emphasis on public reporting, tax research and federal compliance.
- CPA license
- Knowledge of MS Office and have a working knowledge of People Soft and CorpTax.
- Strong tax compliance, research, automation, communications and organizational skills.
- Masters of Science in Taxation.
- Public accounting background, corporate tax, or a mix of both.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations.
- Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Ensures that important information from management is shared with employees and others as appropriate.
- Lead others by inspiring and motivating to influce the actions of peers and subordinates.
- Looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
- Gives and receives constructive feedback.
- Ensures that others involved in a project or effort are kept informed about developments and plans.
- Ensures that regular consistent communication takes place within area of responsibility
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, political affiliation, marital status, sexual orientation, or other non-merit factors.
Job Title: Director, Tax Reporting
Location: Houston, Texas
Job ID: 11103
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Oceaneering develops products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. The company is the world's largest manufacturer and operator of work class Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROVs) and is also a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, workover control systems, asset integrity services, umbilicals, subsea hardware and tooling. Oceaneering also serves the aerospace, defense and theme park industries.