Other Skills: Legal
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
~Senior Legal Assistant - Paralegal
My client is looking for a Senior Legal Assistant/Paralegal to supporting the Regional Legal Counsel with day-to-day legal tasks, including; regulatory filings, general company secretarial duties and undertaking administrative.
The main responsibility of this role will be to assist with the provision of legal support for commercial transactions, risk management, corporate governance, real estate conveyances, representation and other intermediary arrangements, joint venture and cooperation arrangements, employee relations, intellectual property, confidential disclosures, licenses, and acquisitions and divestitures.
• Providing paralegal and administrative support in relation to corporate governance and Company's operations in Europe, Africa, Middle East and Asia Pacific.
• Supporting with Corporate Legal advice, and the guidance of the Regional Legal Counsel, Tax, Insurance, HSE and other specialist functions and applicable law.
• Prepare documents to minimise legal risk and to comply with local and overseas regulations.
• Assisting in providing functional (legal) training and oversight of regional contracting staff.
• Assisting in the development and implementation of Corporate compliance programs, including training employees (onshore and offshore employees)
• Assisting with the incorporation and formation of new companies
• Creating and maintaining an annual timetable for legal and regulatory compliance reporting
• Maintaining records of annual returns and other statutory filings as required.
• Maintain and update the Company's corporate entity information.
• Drafting power of attorneys (POA) and maintaining the POA register / diarising expiry dates.
• Supporting Departments in the review / completion of pre-tender due diligence questionnaires
• Review and monitor new/updated laws and regulations and prepare memorandums of advice.
• Assisting with the management of external legal advisers.
• Flexible to travel throughout Europe, Africa, Middle East and Asia Pacific
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
• To perform this job, an individual should have complete knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Basic proficiency with online searching.
• LLB degree (preferably from a UK University OR Associates' or bachelor's plus a Law Graduate Diploma GDL/CPE Graduate Diploma.
• Minimum of one-year experience with a law firm or in-house legal department of a multi-national company in the UK
Preferred but non-essential:
• Legal Practice Course (PG Dip) from a UK university or equivalent from another common law jurisdiction.
• Paralegal certificate with at least five (5) years' experience as a legal assistant.
• Previous experience of the oil services market
To apply for this position, please send your most up to date CV to Ciaran.firstname.lastname@example.org