Skills: Budget / Cost Control, Construction Engineer, Construction Manager
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Hayward, CA, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Corrpro Companies, Inc. is looking for an experienced Construction Manager.
Corrpro., a subsidiary of Aegion Corporation, is among the worlds' largest corrosion engineering, cathodic protection, and corrosion monitoring business for the protection and preservation of infrastructure. Corrpro provides professional corrosion consulting and cathodic protection engineering services to major oil companies, government agencies, municipal water, sewer and gas utilities, universities, and public transportation agencies. Corrpro has complete construction installation services, including crews and equipment to install any type of cathodic protection system for any type of structure. For more details, visit www.corrpro.com
- Perform duties involved with achieving annual revenue/profit goals for construction and engineering operations in a defined geographic region
- Manage and assign responsibilities for corrosion engineers, technicians, and construction staff
- Oversee application of generally accepted cathodic protection principles for material application, design practices, installation procedures, survey methods, data analysis, and reporting techniques
- Develop standard operating procedures for engineering, technician, and construction staff
- Analyze engineering, technician, and construction operation's monthly performance, and analyze and control construction material inventory levels
- Maintain construction equipment, construction vehicles, and safety equipment
- Assist in preparing each year's construction sales budget
- Assist in bidding construction projects: read construction plans, conduct material take-offs, labor estimates, and subcontractor requirements
- Review construction proposals, contracts, purchase orders, and work authorizations regarding the Company's proposed scope of work, customer expectations, and project objectives
- Oversee the assignment of projects to construction staff members to obtain most effective utilization of resources and meet the Company's commitments to customers
- Continuously monitor that the most appropriate methods and procedures all taken by engineering and construction personnel to complete the work to meet the requirements established between the Company and the customer
- Spot check subordinate's work, as-built drawings; discuss project objectives, and ensure all work meets the Company's minimum performance standards
- Analyze the monthly Job Cost Report for individual projects not conforming to job budget goals
- Review customer drawings and specifications and determine type and nature of structure involved and physical features of facility
- Prepare customer proposals for engineering and construction projects when directly interacting with an individual customer
- Approve final pricing for all engineering and construction project proposals prepared by outside sales representatives
- Train and develop construction employees consistent with Company policies for job functional tasks
- Approve new construction personnel hires, establish appropriate salary adjustments, and assist direct subordinates with employee promotions/terminations
- Participate in or direct periodic sales meetings and new product seminars
- Bachelor of Science degree with a concentration in Engineering, Construction Management or other related field required
- 10 years of construction experience, Cathodic Protection projects preferred
- Able to effectively communicate with both customers and fellow employees
- Adjust to work-related demands without becoming frustrated
- Persist at difficult tasks despite unexpected obstacles
- Demonstrate conscientiousness and dependability to produce results
- Must be able to travel to customer sites as needed
Our company offers a Competitive Salary with Career Growth Opportunities and a Full Benefits Package including Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Matching 401k, Tuition Assistance, paid Vacation and Holiday time, and much more.
Equal Employment Opportunity. Aegion is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Aegion is firmly bound. Aegion will not engage in discrimination against, or harassment of, any person employed or seeking employment with Aegion on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA compliant - priority referral Protected Veterans requested.