Skills: Instrumentation Technician
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Kenedy, TX, US
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Marathon Oil Corporation is an international energy company engaged in exploration and production; oil sands mining; and integrated gas. Marathon Oil has a major leasehold position in the core of the Eagle Ford Shale formation in South Texas. The Company holds acreage in the Eagle Ford, focusing on Atascosa, DeWitt, Gonzales, and Karnes counties. Marathon Oil Company is seeking an experienced Liquid Measurement Technician for our Kenedy and Pleasanton, TX field locations. The successful candidate will be responsible for verifying accurate measurement of all liquid meters, as well as, ensuring product is safely and efficiently moved from the well pad to sales meter. This position will report directly to the EFAT Measurement Supervisor, and is expected to work with the existing measurement team, Production Data team, and Operations personnel to insure compliance with Marathon’s liquid measurement policy. Candidates must be able to work in a fast-paced environment independently, and possess excellent organization, written, and communication skills. This position requires an employee to perform assignments in all weather conditions, work extended hours, weekends, callouts, and travel as needed.
- Ensure all liquid meter proving and sampling schedules are completed as assigned.
- Witness monthly proving of all LACT units, shakeouts, and 3rd party inspections in accordance with the EFPO MPSSP and/or contractual agreement.
- Accountable for the daily operation, maintenance, troubleshooting, and inspection of all liquid meters.
- Ensure thoroughness and integrity of all liquid measurement documentation.
- Ensure site security and sealing procedures are properly completed and documented on all LACT units in assigned area.
- Verify and commission new meter install configurations prior to first flow.
- Responsible for ensuring all LACT units and allocation meters are proved upon initial startup.
- Investigate and resolve system imbalances.
- Work with operations and SCADA to ensure all liquid measurement and communication issues are resolved effectively and efficiently.
- Maintain liquid measurement proving equipment and ensure it functions properly.
- Work with Liquid Measurement Supervisor and field data group to resolve missing data issues.
- Work with contract personnel in assigned area to ensure all liquid measurement duties are completed as scheduled.
- Proficiently complete duties assigned by Measurement Supervisor.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years liquid measurement experience with knowledge in instrumentation and electronics (PLC, ROC, ABB, etc.).
- Familiarity with API petroleum measurement standards.
- Knowledge of LACT operation, design, and proving procedure.
- Knowledge of Coriolis, Turbine, and Vortex meters.
- Knowledge of electronic test equipment.
- Intermediate computer skills and ability to successfully use MS Office and measurement related software.
- Working knowledge of liquid sampling systems.
- Must be able to lift 100 lbs.
- Commitment to Marathon’s Health, Environment, and Safety culture.
-Marathon Oil Corporation (NYSE: MRO) is an independent international exploration and production company. Based in Houston, Texas, the Company has activity in North America, Europe and Africa. The Company has three reportable operating segments, each of which is organized and managed based primarily upon geographic location and the nature of the products and services it offers.
Marathon Oil Company will take the necessary action to ensure that applicants are treated without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status or other protected status under applicable employment law.
If you are a current Marathon employee please use the ERP website to submit referrals.
MARATHON OIL – WHY WORK FOR US?
Deciding where to pursue a career often comes down to intangibles.
Do the employees look forward to coming to work each day -- are they given rewarding opportunities, do they work well together? Are employees empowered to bring their skills and knowledge forward -- is the corporate culture nurturing, are life experiences and diversity valued? What is the attitude toward the broader community -- health, safety and the environment?
Marathon can answer those intangible questions affirmatively in our employee's own words, proving that Marathon is a world class energy company with much more to offer at the end of the day than just high performance stats and market prowess -- though we enjoy those too. If you are starting out in a career, consider the places your experience at Marathon could take you -- without having to leave Marathon. Career growth and job satisfaction is why Marathon places such an emphasis on mentoring -- talented people can build a career here.
If you are an experienced professional who wants to continue your growth to reach full potential, this could be the place for you. The benefits are not intangible, but competitive and attractive -- a dollars and sense reason to contact Marathon.
Marathon Oil Awards & Accolades
- Top 500 Green Companies, Newsweek, 2009
- Barron's 500, Barron's, 2009
- World’s Most Admired Companies, Fortune, 2008
- Top 200 of the Global 2000, Forbes, 2008
- The Houston Chronicle 100, The Houston Chronicle, 2008