Skills: Fitter / Turner, Mechanic, Mechanical Technician
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Lowestoft, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
~~1. Job Objective
To support in the overall delivery of the Group's business objectives, whilst implementing departmental procedures in line with Company standards.
Responsible for plant and equipment maintenance in accordance with procedures.
2. Reporting Line
Reports to the Workshop Supervisor
3. Tasks and Responsibilities
The Mechanical Fitter is responsible for:
• General plant & equipment maintenance, in accordance with procedures and manufacturers guidelines.
• Function checking of all plant & equipment.
• Assist with the visual inspection of all plant, equipment and ancillary equipment (both company owned and 3rd party) prior to mobilisation.
• Assist with PUWER & LOLER compliance and ensuring that all is in accordance to applicable legislation.
• Assist with ensuring that accurate inspection records are maintained.
• Assist with the compilation of certification packs including operators instructions, and ensuring that all are valid.
• Assist with the compilation of check sheets, to facilitate stores manifesting.
• Actively promote key company behaviors.
• Responsible for Safety Leadership and promotion of Safe Working Practices.
• Responsible for maintaining a safe place of work.
• Responsible for ensuring activities are executed in accordance with Company's HSEQ policies, systems and plans
• Compliance with and commitment to STS HSEQ Policies and Procedures
4. Emergency Response Duties
5. Position in Organisation
See Organisation chart
6. Minimum Qualifications / Experience
• Time served mechanic with excellent product knowledge and a minimum of 3 years experience in comparable role.
• Good communication, interpersonal, organizational skills, team player.
• Excellent Aptitude towards Health & Safety.
• Must be prepared to spend time with team developing their skills and expertise.
• Computer Literacy essential.
7. Additional Training
• PUWER & LOLER
• COSHH & Manual Handling
• Task Risk Assessment
• Forklift 5 Ton
• PAT Testing
• Environmental Awareness
• Product Specific Training
• Abrasive Wheel
• Industrial Saw
Lowestoft but may be required to visit other locations to meet the needs of the business.
Stork Lowestoft are currently looking to recuit Mechanical Fitters to join our yard in Lowestoft to assist with Fabric maintenance, Plant / Equipment Maintenance, Servicing and Repairing.