Experience: 7 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Edmonton, Canada
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Insituform Technologies Limited is looking for an experienced Controller. This role will be responsible for leading the organization's Canadian accounting/finance functions on a daily basis.
Insituform Technologies Limited, an Aegion company, is a leading worldwide provider of cured-in-place pipe (CIPP) and other technologies and services for sewer pipeline rehabilitation and protection. Insituform technologies allow its customers to avoid the extraordinary expense and extreme disruption that can result from traditional "dig and replace" methods. For more information, visit www.insituform.com.
The function of the Controller will include establishing and maintaining the organization's accounting principles and practices/procedures (in compliance with GAAP in the United States and local countries). He or she will also ensure the effectiveness of the organization's internal control systems in compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley and other regulations. Additional responsibilities include preparing and overseeing financial and managerial reporting and analysis, managing the financial planning function (budgeting and forecasting activities), and ensuring internal and external audit compliance.
• Responsible for BU financial control, reporting and support.
• Manage the day to day transaction processing including accounts payable and accounts receivable functions; lead the billing and cash collection function with the end goal of maximizing cash flow as measured versus DSO targets
• Coordinate the BU's external audits and other projects with independent accountants as the need arises
• Manage the forecasting and planning cycles for the BU
• Manage the day to day cash flow of the organization; work with the Treasury department on cash flow and banking relationships
• Drives the month end financial close activities for the BU's P&L and Balance Sheet, including performance reviews
• Provide insightful financial and management reporting to BU leadership including variance analysis, defining business implications and suggested actions
• Drives the implementation of new financial and business systems
• Ensures compliance with Company finance policies and procedures
• Works very closely with administrative function in the operations group
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Ideal candidate will possess a Canadian accounting designation (CA, CMA, CGA, CPA) with 7+ years full cycle accounting experience
• Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses
• Proven knowledge of strategic planning and finances
• High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation mindset
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Strong interpersonal skills in order to communicate with all levels of the organization, both verbally and written
• Proactive, welcomes challenges, and meets all deadlines
We offer career advancement opportunities, competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package.