Skills: Refinery Staff
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Jazan, Saudi Arabia
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Saudi Arabia's vast hydrocarbon resources will see Saudi Aramco become the world's leading integrated energy and chemical company by 2020. Our Chemicals business is a critical, high-profile new enterprise for us and requires committed people with insight, experience and technical expertise.
We can offer professionals from diverse backgrounds and specialties a solid, secure future - not to mention extensive international exposure and the opportunity to see your ideas become reality. Work at the forefront of the industry and see how your career evolves with invested time and effort. It's a chance to make a huge impact both on the local economy and on a global scale.
Part of Saudi Aramco's strategy involves the construction of the Jazan refinery which is currently underway and commissioning is scheduled to begin in 2018 and will have the capacity to process 400,000 BPD of Arabian Heavy and Arabian Medium crude oils to produce gasoline, ultra-low-sulfur diesel, benzene, and paraxylene.
Due to this expansion, we are now seeking a large number of experienced Supervising Operators to work with us in Jazan with experience of working in the following Units:
• Hydrocracker (HCK)
• Crude/Vacuum Distillation Unit (CDU/VDU)
• Diesel Hydrotreater (DHT)
• Naphtha Hydrotreater (NHT)
• Reformer/Continuous Catalyst Regeneration (CCR)
• Aromatics Complex
• Isomerization Unit (ISOM)
• Sulphur Recovery Unit (SRU) & Tail Gas Treatment (TGT)
• Gasification (GFU)
• IGCC SRU
• IGCC Utilities
• Refinery Utilities
• Tank Farm
• Completion of ITC English, Math, MI
• Preferably 15 years' relevant experience with an absolute minimum of 11 years relevant operating and supervisory experience. Incumbent will normally have progressed through the Supervising Operator I and II positions.
• Thorough knowledge of plant layout and the applicable operations.
• Must possess flexibility to rotate and direct operations in other plants of similar complexity after a reasonable
• Fluent in English reading and writing.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Has solid experience in operations, including an outside operator, console operator, and supervising operators in a refinery environment preferably with 15 years as Controlman or Supervising Operator.
• Understands the Plant process and equipment and any other related plants interconnections, and know how to do the line service switching by means of interconnections piping and valves.
• Understands how to Monitor product quality and make recommendations and/or adjustments to maintain product quality, yields and production rates.
• Be able to work as a control man or operator of the plant, if required.
• Has the ability to deal with junior operators and develop them and enhance their knowledge of the plant
• Has experience in processing units turnaround activities from scope development to work executions.
• Has experience in refineries emergency response plans, and must be able to assume the rule of incident commander.
• Has experience in working with various control system (Honeywell preferred).
• Shall be able to jointly work with others and be a key team player in problem solving, communication, work planning and organizing
• Ability to closely coordinate with other plants to carry out a job that has an impact on them.
• Has to have leadership and capabilities of developing others in operations skills
• Must have very good English language skills where he communicates well with subordinates and superiors.
• Should be able to write progress reports on different operational assignments regularly
• Be able to understand the complexity of the control systems of the processing unit
• Be able to identify operational hazards and resolve them as necessary
• Be able to troubleshoot any arising problems and come up with reasonable resolutions
• Be able to undertake different assignments in different plants when needed.
• Be able to work as a maintenance coordinator and provide all the support to the Plant foreman
• Should have participated in shutdown and startup of similar plants as well as turnaround activities
• Understand the potential hazards in the unit and to participate in HAZOP study.
• Act as operation representative to resolve operation requirement with maintenance.
• Be able to keep all relevant operating procedure update
There’s no better place to Dream Big than Saudi Aramco. As a global leader in the energy industry with over 54,000 employees, the sheer scope and scale of our operations – and vision – mean we can offer you the perfect environment in which to realize your career potential.
With a career at Saudi Aramco, a global leader in the energy industry, you’ll provide the invaluable support that keeps our business moving forward. From exploration and production to refining and distribution, the scale and complexity of our operations means your expertise will get the full exposure it deserves. So just imagine the possibilities for development. We have the model for generations of sustainable energy. But it all begins with a huge investment in your expertise. The limits to what you achieve are up to you.
Learn more about the amazing rewards, lifestyle and benefits that come with a career at Saudi Aramco.
Careers site for European & Asia Pacific applicants
Careers site for US & Canadian applicants