New Kensington, PA, US
New Kensington, PA, US
Skills: Instrumentation Technician, Mechanical Technician
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: New Kensington, PA, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
THIS IS A CONTRACT POSITION
MUST LIVE LOCAL TO NEW KENSINGTON, PA AND BE A US CITIZEN TO BE CONSIDERED
Technician needs to have a diverse set of skills and will be part of a team that operates equipment including, but not limited to: powder process equipment, handling of raw materials, batching and mixing, furnaces, and electrolytic cells.
• Technician will prepare and test samples using laboratory analytical equipment.
• Technician will be required to operate overhead cranes, forklifts, and other mobile equipment as needed.
• Technician will be responsible for equipment operation, recording and documenting results and observations systematically and completely in laboratory notebooks and computers.
• Ensure the safety of employees and equipment. Be knowledgeable about company EHS standards, protocols and tools.
• Willing to learn.
• High school diploma, GED, trade school in mechanical/electrical trades.
• Strong mechanical and electrical aptitude.
• Preference for candidates with experience in handling/interacting with chemicals or molten materials.
• Ability to perform material handling, weighing, completing process steps in sequence and documenting process data.
• Strong communication (both oral and written) and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work in a team oriented and learning environment.
• Basic computer skills: MS Outlook (email), MS Excel (data entry), MS Access or other database (data entry).
• Must have the ability to work in relatively noisy conditions and around equipment where fumes, dust, and chemicals exist (will be required to wear respirator for certain tasks). Person will also be required to work with and around molten materials.
• Able to work off shift and weekends as required.
• Some products and technical information are subject to U.S. export control laws. Applicants for this position will be required to submit information regarding work authorization status to enable to comply with those laws.