Drumright, OK, US
Drumright, OK, US
Skills: Instrumentation Technician, Truck / HGV Driver
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Drumright, OK, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
Sunoco Logistics Partners L.P. (NYSE: SXL) is a master limited partnership that owns and operates a logistics business consisting of a geographically diverse portfolio of complementary crude oil, natural gas liquids, and refined products pipeline, terminalling and acquisition and marketing assets which are used to facilitate the purchase and sale of crude oil, natural gas liquids, and refined products. SXL’s general partner is a consolidated subsidiary of Energy Transfer Partners, L.P. (NYSE: ETP). Our business is characterized by extensive industry and safety experience, strong financial fundamentals, and operational flexibility. Collectively, a strong asset base and the successful execution of our business strategies have consistently delivered substantial returns to unitholders.
Develops and maintains a crude trucking measurement oversight program to ensure that measurement of oil is conducted in accordance with the established API and company measurement standards, as well as best industry practices. Conduct measurement audits of SXL and 3rd party facilities and train crude trucking personnel to ensure consistent approach to measurement policies, practices, data collection and reporting across the entire geography. This position can also be located in Texas or New Mexico.
- Develop and maintain a technical training program for truck drivers, gaugers, station operators and crude trucking area supervisors to include meter proving, tank gauging, sampling, testing, equipment calibration and verification and volume over/short reconciliation.
- Develop and maintain a measurement audit program to ensure consistency with gauging and sampling protocols, LACT and ACT meter proving frequency, testing guidelines, and sampling system certification requirements.
- Ensure that all SXL and 3rd party measurement equipment including LACT meters, temperature and pressure transmitters, S&W monitors, flow computers and sampling systems, is properly installed, configured, certified and timely calibrated.
- Collect and maintain the meter factor history for each custody meter. Develop and analyze trends to identify meter factor drift, mechanical issues or other problems that degrade accuracy of the volumetric results.
- Maintain records to document metering equipment in place by district, sector, and Crude Trucking facility to include meter type, size and flow range. Provide recommendations to crude trucking and measurement management for adequate spare parts and monitor timely completion of required upgrades, repairs or in-kind replacements.
- Maintain communication with customers, 3rd party carriers and 3rd party proving companies on all measurement issues.
- When requested, perform technical review of new crude trucking projects and upgrades that include measurement equipment. Provide guidance on proper equipment placement and specifications in accordance with established industry practices and company standards.
- Assist crude trucking area supervisors and Measurement Analyst with reconciliation of measurement gain/loss issues.
- Work closely with senior Measurement and crude trucking personnel to determine appropriate balance placement of new measurement systems and instrumentation while utilizing knowledge of field operations.
- Acquire and apply knowledge of flow equations and sources of measurement error to prioritize work edits for corrective action; assist in maintaining and reconciling reports for use in Measurement KPI’s evaluations.
- Associates Degree or completion of a Certificate program in a related technical discipline from an accredited post-secondary school. Extensive oil measurement related experience is a plus and may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Field Measurement position requiring at least 3 year of pipeline or facility measurement experience involving metering, meter proving, equipment calibration, tank gauging, crude oil sampling and calculations per API and industry standards.
- Good knowledge of API / ASTM guidelines for custody measurement.
- Excellent communication skills including written, verbal, listening and comprehension are required.
- Must be able to work in a team environment as well as independently.
- Personnel training abilities and decision making skills are essential.
- Detail oriented, highly organized, able to efficiently prioritize and execute tasks as assigned. Accurate data entry skills.
- Must be able to work outdoors in extreme weather and perform work in safe manner.
- Ability to work on weekends and holidays if needed; frequent travel is required.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Demonstrated and exemplary customer account management skills.
- Budget preparation & forecasting analysis.
- The ability to develop various ad hoc management reports.
- This position can also be located in Texas or New Mexico.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Vet
required_edu: 1 skill_id: 532, 769, 666, 811, 806, 579, 766, 645, 738