Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Pleasanton, TX, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
The Pleasanton and Kenedy, TX-based Mechanic positions will interface with Marathon employees, contractor employees, and vendors to optimize maintenance activities in a productive, safe and environmentally sound manner. The goal of the team is for each member to be interchangeable, this role does at times involve supervision of others but, is mostly a stand-alone hands-on position.
- Supervises and directs all contractors and sometimes other maintenance personnel on assigned activities performed in the field.
- Assists in planning and scheduling of all maintenance activities.
- Enforces all MOC safety and administrative policies, procedures, and contract agreements.
- Assists the Maintenance Supervisor to insure project timelines and are met.
- Conducts pre-job analysis for all contractors.
- Attends/leads daily meetings with contractors.
- Will participate in on˜all duty rotations 24/7
- Works with the maintenance project teams on all capital and expense jobs to ensure all jobs will meet the required budget.
- Ensures all jobs are performed in accordance with MOC engineering specifications.
- Ensures planned and unplanned maintenance is executed in a cost-effective manner while maintaining and improving equipment reliability and availability.
- Ensures correct materials and tools are utilized and surplus materials are returned to warehouse stock.
- Ensures that work orders are executed and closed out in the allotted time frame within SAP PM software.
- Perform troubleshooting and basic repair of process equipment to include; Separators, heater treaters, dehydration and sweetening equipment, flares, VRU compressors, pumps, flares, tanks, filters, valves, blowers and coolers (this is just a generalized list we repair every type and piece of surface equipment company owned in the Eagle Ford asset).
- Perform PM-s on a variety of surface equipment and accurately document findings.
- Able to pass all certifications necessary to work in H2S environment.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Minimum 2 years experience in oilfield Maintenance Required
- Up to 10% Travel
- Intermediate PC skills are required in Microsoft desktop suites and SAP PM
-Marathon Oil Corporation (NYSE: MRO) is an independent international exploration and production company. Based in Houston, Texas, the Company has activity in North America, Europe and Africa. The Company has three reportable operating segments, each of which is organized and managed based primarily upon geographic location and the nature of the products and services it offers.
Marathon Oil Company will take the necessary action to ensure that applicants are treated without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status or other protected status under applicable employment law.
If you are a current Marathon employee please use the ERP website to submit referrals.
MARATHON OIL – WHY WORK FOR US?
Deciding where to pursue a career often comes down to intangibles.
Do the employees look forward to coming to work each day -- are they given rewarding opportunities, do they work well together? Are employees empowered to bring their skills and knowledge forward -- is the corporate culture nurturing, are life experiences and diversity valued? What is the attitude toward the broader community -- health, safety and the environment?
Marathon can answer those intangible questions affirmatively in our employee's own words, proving that Marathon is a world class energy company with much more to offer at the end of the day than just high performance stats and market prowess -- though we enjoy those too. If you are starting out in a career, consider the places your experience at Marathon could take you -- without having to leave Marathon. Career growth and job satisfaction is why Marathon places such an emphasis on mentoring -- talented people can build a career here.
If you are an experienced professional who wants to continue your growth to reach full potential, this could be the place for you. The benefits are not intangible, but competitive and attractive -- a dollars and sense reason to contact Marathon.
Marathon Oil Awards & Accolades
- Top 500 Green Companies, Newsweek, 2009
- Barron's 500, Barron's, 2009
- World’s Most Admired Companies, Fortune, 2008
- Top 200 of the Global 2000, Forbes, 2008
- The Houston Chronicle 100, The Houston Chronicle, 2008