Skills: Landman, Lease Analyst
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Marathon Oil Company is currently seeking an experienced Land Specialist. The position will be based in the Oklahoma City, OK office and report directly to the Land Supervisor. The Land Specialist position is intended to be a catalyst for the MCAT Land team, driving new efficiencies and implementing new ideas.--- The Land Specialist will have extensive day-to-day interactions with the entire Land staff, and collaborate with employees in the broader asset team.
- Bring forward new ideas, tools, and approaches to make MCAT Land a more efficient and effective organization.
- Coordinate various Oklahoma Corporation Commission (OCC) activities:
- Research and monitor OCC orders, dockets and competitor activity and communicate to team as needed through appropriate tools and reports.
- Build and process OCC applications for upcoming wells; respond to third party applications.
- Research and prepare respondents lists and conduct correspondence with respondents.
- Coordinate payment of pooling bonuses with Houston.
- Assist in preparing offers of pooled acreage and invoices as needed.
- Assist land professionals with interactions with other working interest owners and mineral owners:
- Prepare proposal letters, non˜onsent offerings, and casing point elections.Correspond with required parties.
- Monitor time-sensitive elections and payments and follow up if necessary.
- Assist in drafting assignments, exhibits and Pooling Affidavits as needed.
- Generate working interest owner lists from SAP for well proposals.
- Prepare Lease Purchase Reports (LPRs) and other necessary lease documentation.
- Collaborate with Land Professionals and attorneys to progress title clearance:
- Obtain DTOs and DOTOs for wells in which Marathon participates.
- Prepare required curative materials and related correspondence to applicable parties and perform follow-up work to secure said curative.
- Conduct research for multiple purposes by utilizing Pangaea, OCC, State Court System, Accurint, Osberg and Internet research as requested by Land Professional and prepare reports or presentations incorporating results as needed.
- Conduct research for lease expiration and monthly payment recommendation calendars.
- Develop projects and presentations as directed by land supervisor.
- Bachelor-s degree required, with PLM/Energy Management/Business or similar major preferred
- Minimum of three years- experience within a Land-related field, such as Land, Land Administration, Title Abstract, etc.required
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office products.- Proficiency in Tobin LeaseData, Land Datamart, SAP, ArcView is preferred.
- Ability to prioritize and progress multiple tasks simultaneously is required
- Must possess excellent communication, teamwork, planning, and organizing skills
-Marathon Oil Corporation (NYSE: MRO) is an independent international exploration and production company. Based in Houston, Texas, the Company has activity in North America, Europe and Africa. The Company has three reportable operating segments, each of which is organized and managed based primarily upon geographic location and the nature of the products and services it offers.
Marathon Oil Company will take the necessary action to ensure that applicants are treated without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status or other protected status under applicable employment law.
If you are a current Marathon employee please use the ERP website to submit referrals.
MARATHON OIL – WHY WORK FOR US?
Deciding where to pursue a career often comes down to intangibles.
Do the employees look forward to coming to work each day -- are they given rewarding opportunities, do they work well together? Are employees empowered to bring their skills and knowledge forward -- is the corporate culture nurturing, are life experiences and diversity valued? What is the attitude toward the broader community -- health, safety and the environment?
Marathon can answer those intangible questions affirmatively in our employee's own words, proving that Marathon is a world class energy company with much more to offer at the end of the day than just high performance stats and market prowess -- though we enjoy those too. If you are starting out in a career, consider the places your experience at Marathon could take you -- without having to leave Marathon. Career growth and job satisfaction is why Marathon places such an emphasis on mentoring -- talented people can build a career here.
If you are an experienced professional who wants to continue your growth to reach full potential, this could be the place for you. The benefits are not intangible, but competitive and attractive -- a dollars and sense reason to contact Marathon.
Marathon Oil Awards & Accolades
- Top 500 Green Companies, Newsweek, 2009
- Barron's 500, Barron's, 2009
- World’s Most Admired Companies, Fortune, 2008
- Top 200 of the Global 2000, Forbes, 2008
- The Houston Chronicle 100, The Houston Chronicle, 2008