Skills: Instrument & Controls Engineer, Loss Prevention
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Minneapolis, MN, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills, talents and education to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A professional position at Xcel Energy could be just what you're looking for.
Provide loss control consulting services to Xcel Energy facilities in assigned region. Survey facilities to assure compliance with corporate standards as well as applicable local, state and national codes. Prepare a technical report for internal distribution as well as to members of the property insurance underwriting panel. Consult with building and plant personnel to correctly implement fire safety, loss prevention and equipment requirements and recommend changes to correct deficiencies. Conduct maximum foreseeable and anticipated loss studies. Work location flexible and to be determined. Prefer power plant location or service center facility in or near greater metro area.
- Provide technical loss control consulting services to ensure compliance with corporate standards, regulatory codes and insurance polices. Survey Xcel Energy facilities and prepare written reports detailing deficiencies and recommending changes to correct non-compliance and reduce exposure to preventable loss situations. Resolve conflicts between recommendations and corporate goals and standards. Prepare site diagrams for property insurance purposes.
- Participate in capital / operations and maintenance budget process. Assist with outage planning and developing construction project specifications. Assist with the purchase, use, inspection, and testing of fire protection equipment.
- Conduct incident investigations and assist with damage recovery efforts involving Xcel Energy facilities. Assist Hazard Insurance staff and insurance brokerage firm to assure loss submittal and recovery on insured losses.
- Assure compliance with the terms and conditions of the insurance policies.
- Maintain professional expertise. Attend professional development conferences/seminars and maintain professional certifications. Maintain a working knowledge of loss control, insurance and code compliance issues to serve as a resource to management and employees on interpretation and compliance.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (6 years related experience may substitute for the degree)
- 7 years experience in property loss control to include fire protection, boiler and machinery reliability evaluation or 7 years power plant experience with emphasis on mechanical and electrical systems
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Physical requirements for this work include but are not limited to climbing, bending, crouching, standing, kneeling, walking and sitting
- May require overnight travel
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you're ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.