Skills: Mechanical Technician, Pipeline Services, Piping Technician
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Edmonton, Canada
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
United Pipeline Systems Limited is looking for a Fusion Technician to join our team!
United Pipeline Systems Limited (UPSL), an Aegion company, provides durable and reliable polyethylene pipe lining solutions for new pipeline protection and existing pipeline rehabilitation throughout the world. UPSL is a specialized pipeline contractor that has the trained manpower, specialized equipment and worldwide expertise to tackle a wide variety of high density polyethylene (HDPE) pipe lining rehabilitation challenges safely, on time and on budget. United Pipeline Systems Limited offers pipeline protection and rehabilitation in a number of countries and locations throughout the world. For more information, visit www.unitedpipeline.com
• Responsible for the set up of fusion sites, handing materials and fusing the HDPE Tite Liner pipe.
• Maintain and operate the equipment for the successful completion of the fusing aspect of the project.
• Follow all project site policies and working rules.
• Continually inspect and document work performed by crew for quality and specification compliance.
• Perform general construction activities, when applicable.
• Analyze work problems.
• Other tasks, as assigned.
Class 5, 5Q (non GDL), 3, or 1 driver's license and acceptable driver's abstract required
- CSTS/PST, H2S Alive, Standard First Aid and Ground Disturbance Level 1 Safety Tickets required
- Minimum 2 years Pipeline / Oilfield experience preferred
- Must be physically fit with ability to lift up to 50 to 80 pounds repeatedly throughout shift
- Must be able to travel overnight extensively
- Must be able to work outdoors in all weather conditions
- Must be mechanically inclined
- Must be able to pass pre-employment drug test and medical