Skills: Installation Engineer
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Houston, TX, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.
The Installation Engineer is responsible for supporting technical aspects for the installation of subsea hardware including technical evaluations, locating and specifying equipment, conceptual engineering, and management of work done by subcontractors.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Carries out tasks as assigned by project engineers and the engineering manager. Tasks would generally be focused on technical issues but will sometimes require administrative and project management functions.
- Responsible for the installation engineering of subsea hardware including field and offshore support.
- Prepares design changes, specifications, schematics, and test plans for installation equipment and subsea hardware. This may include locating equipment and vendor selection.
- Conduct engineering calculations and analysis
- Prepares installation and maintenance procedures.
- Reviews product designs, conducts and attends Factory Acceptance Tests (FAT) and System Integration Tests (SIT).
- Prepares presentations, articles, and technical papers.
- Required to interface inside and outside a meeting setting with project team members and Clients.
- Performs non-engineering activities such as oversight of offshore operations and on-site oversight of OPG projects and subcontractors.
- Work and travel offshore, both domestic and international
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Civil or Ocean Engineering)
- Zero (0) to two (2) years engineering experience.
- Knowledge of classical analytical methods, MathCAD; AutoCAD; Solidworks; Orcaflex; structural analysis package such as ANSYS or Risa3D.
- Valid driver’s license
- Valid passport
Must be able to obtain:
- Transportation Workers Identification Card (TWIC)
- Petroleum Education Council (PEC) Basic Training
- Helicopter Underwater Escape Training (HUET) and Water Survival Training
- Experience in installation of subsea hardware.
- MS Office.
- Experience in Offpipe.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, political affiliation, marital status, sexual orientation, or other non-merit factors.
Job Board Partnership
Job Title: Installation Engineer
Location: Houston, Texas
Job ID: 11086
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Oceaneering develops products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. The company is the world's largest manufacturer and operator of work class Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROVs) and is also a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, workover control systems, asset integrity services, umbilicals, subsea hardware and tooling. Oceaneering also serves the aerospace, defense and theme park industries.