Experience: 7 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Houston, TX, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.
The Diving Manager is responsible for the Profit and Loss of the Subsea Projects Diving Business Unit, forward looking strategic planning and Business Development for the Diving Business Unit. Directs, and coordinates activities of Diving Programs and Project Management leads and Operation Management leads to exceed Customer expectations for Safety, Quality, Schedule and Cost.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Contract and execute Diving projects utilizing Oceaneering vessels (wherever possible), ROVs, Tooling, Oceaneering Asset Integrity and other business units within Oceaneering.
- Interface with clients to negotiate and execute contracts for Diving projects which maximize profit while exposing Oceaneering to acceptable risk.
- Work closely with Oceaneering’s Sales Team and Business Development to provide new Diving technology and business opportunities.
- Proactively promote Diving Projects Group skill sets and assets to existing and potential inside and outside Customers.
- Develop new Customers for the Diving Group and business opportunities outside of the Gulf of Mexico (GoM).
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with GoM and international Customers.
- Prepare and approve GoM and international diving technical and commercial proposals and project budgets.
- Forecast Diving business accurately (monthly, annually, five year plan).
- Accountable for the Diving Projects business profit and loss.
- Accountable for accurately closing monthly books for IMR Projects business in GoM and Internationally.
- On occasion, perform dockside vessel visits for the purpose of employee Quality and HSE audits, Customer interface meetings and understanding of project technical issues.
Directly manages a staff of Program and/or Project Managers in the OPG department. Carries out leadership and supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and mentoring employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Certificate in Commercial Diving or Marine Technology, and seven (7) to ten (10) years related field experience within the underwater services industry, involving commercial diving, focused on oil & gas projects, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Bachelor of Science degree preferred.
- Must have extensive diving experience
- P&L; (Profit and Loss) management experience
- Must possess or be able to obtain a TWIC card, valid Passport, Safe Gulf & HUET Water Survival
- Knowledge of ROV operations and subsea tooling for subsea intervention operations
- Project Management experience, PMP Certification
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, political affiliation, marital status, sexual orientation, or other non-merit factors.
Job Board Partnership
Job Title: Manager, Diving Projects
Location: Houston, Texas
Job ID: 11055
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Oceaneering develops products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. The company is the world's largest manufacturer and operator of work class Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROVs) and is also a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, workover control systems, asset integrity services, umbilicals, subsea hardware and tooling. Oceaneering also serves the aerospace, defense and theme park industries.