Skills: HR - General
Other Skills: compensation
Experience: 6 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, TX, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.
The Compensation Analyst will lead and support Compensation processes for the global organization; working collaboratively with the HR team and business clients. They will support the design of compensation structures and processes using industry and best practices.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage, maintain, and evolve Oceaneering's Career Framework (job evaluation) for the global organization.
- Create and maintain processes to evaluate new jobs and map them into the framework.
- Perform analysis of jobs; consult with HR to assure that employees are mapped consistently into the career framework.
- Manage Oceaneering's overall market competitive framework.
- Assess appropriate survey data sources across the globe; manage vendor relationships.
- Analyze survey data and recommend rate structures or market pricing to align our compensation packages with the market.
- Provide advice and guidance to HR team and business line managers in aspects of the career framework and compensation; includes performing research as needed to solve complex compensation-related issues within the business.
- Assist in the global annual merit increase planning process.
- Administer short-term incentive plan; assist in administration of long-term incentive plan.
- Assist with the annual compensation analysis for Board of Directors and Executives.
- Support facilitating organizational change by providing information, recommendations, and communications related to compensation activity through analysis of actual results and trends.
- Stay abreast of current trends in compensation, software and other related technology.
- Stay abreast of legislative activities and regulatory changes to ensure compliance with applicable federal, state, and international laws.
- Manage special projects, as assigned.
Proven ability to be analytical and handle data effectively
Possess the maturity to handle sensitive information and make sound decisions
Ability to juggle multiple tasks while still delivering high quality results
Ability to function as an effective and respected partner to internal clients
Ability to understand the labor market and trends over time
Good communication skills, especially with internal clients and key vendors
Strong organizational and project administration skills
Bachelors’ degree in Human Resources, Statistics, Mathematics or other related field and six or more (6+) years of professional experience in compensation analyst role, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) and/or Global Remuneration Professional (GRP) preferred.
Additional Experience Required:
Developing, supporting and leading compensation processes and initiatives
Analyzing and calculation of total compensation (including equity and special bonuses)
Developing compensation structures based on market analysis and best practice
Analyzing complex market data and providing recommendations to respond to market changes
Extensive collaboration with HR Generalists
Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
Must have high level of proficiency and experience in analysis of data
Proficient use of Microsoft excel and creation and utilization of databases
Global compensation pay structures, laws and regulations
Experience in the oil and gas industry and working with all levels of leaders and employees
Mercer's Career Framework
PeopleSoft Compensation module
Ability to understand and work in matrixed global organization
Strong individual leadership skills, project management, analytical, influence, and facilitation skills
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, political affiliation, marital status, sexual orientation, or other non-merit factors.
Job Board Partnership
Job Title: Sr. Compensation Analyst
Location: Houston, Texas
Job ID: 11070
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Oceaneering develops products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. The company is the world's largest manufacturer and operator of work class Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROVs) and is also a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, workover control systems, asset integrity services, umbilicals, subsea hardware and tooling. Oceaneering also serves the aerospace, defense and theme park industries.