Skills: HR - General, HR - Recruitment
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Houston, TX, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Corrpro Companies, Inc. is looking for an experienced Senior Human Resources Manager.
Corrpro Companies, Inc., a subsidiary of Aegion Corporation, is among the world's largest corrosion engineering, cathodic protection, and corrosion monitoring business for the protection and preservation of infrastructure. Corrpro provides professional corrosion consulting and cathodic protection engineering services to major oil companies, government agencies, municipal water, sewer and gas utilities, universities, and public transportation agencies. Corrpro has complete construction installation services, including crews and equipment to install any type of cathodic protection system for any type of structure. For more details, visit www.corrpro.com. The Senior Human Resources Manager oversees the operational delivery of HR services and solutions including selection, recruitment, employee development, rewards and recognition, employee relations, organizational design and change, employee development and talent management to support the assigned organizational units' business objectives.
- Provide strategic and operational human resource leadership for several businesses across the Corrosion Protection Platform.
- Serve as HR business partner to leaders with responsibility for delivering responsive, tailored solutions that support the assigned businesses' annual plans and financial objectives.
- Provide proactive consultation to line managers on human resource issues (organizational design, change initiatives, employee performance, etc.) to support improved business results.
- Partner with management and Aegion Talent Acquisition team in development and execution of recruiting initiatives and workforce planning to ensure pipeline of talent to meet business needs.
- Collaborate with business leaders to understand the talent needs of the business and support the development of the next generation of 'ready' leaders to ensure future organizational success.
- Drive key people processes including annual performance management, talent assessment and succession planning, compensation planning, and manager and staff development.
- Develop effective, collaborative relationships with internal clients, HR team members and other key stakeholders (Legal, Safety, Finance, etc.) within the organization.
- Interpret and advise employees and managers regarding application of human resource policies and procedures. Ensure consistency in application of human resource practices and policies.
- Ensure human resources and payroll compliance in areas of EEO, Affirmative Action, DOL, I-9, Workers Compensation and other federal and state regulations for assigned business areas.
- Manage and provide guidance to team of HR Generalists, HR Coordinators and Recruiters.
- Participate in Aegion HR wide or Corrosion Protection platform HR projects as assigned.
- 8-10 years' experience in HR Generalist or Business Partner roles supporting an organizational workforce of at least 500 employees; construction or manufacturing industry preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience working with senior level managers and leading teams of HR employees. Prior experience working in a matrix organization is a plus.
- Superior judgment and leadership capabilities particularly in areas of people development, coaching, conflict management and motivating staff.
- Collaborative, team player who is client driven, highly accountable and able to build relationships and earn the trust of clients and peers.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple assignments successfully in a changing environment.
- Ability to identify relevant data and utilize data driven insights to make business decisions.
- Excellent verbal, written communication and strong influencing skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel and Power Point); experience working with standard HRIS programs.
- Some travel (20-25%) within US required.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business or other related field. Master's degree or advanced certification in Human Resources preferred.