Skills: Corrosion Engineering, NDT Technician
Other Skills: Cathodic protection knowledge; chemical treatments/internal corrosion monitoring; strong computer skills; NACE Certification preferred
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Seminole, TX, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Plains All American Pipeline, L.P. is a publicly traded master limited partnership ("MLP") engaged in interstate and intrastate crude oil transportation and crude oil gathering, marketing, terminals and storage, as well as the marketing and storage of liquefied petroleum gas and other petroleum products (collectively "LPG"). For additional information about Plains All American please access our website at www.plainsallamerican.com.
Plains has an immediate opening for a Corrosion Technician working out of the Seminole, Texas location. This position performs annual and periodic facility corrosion surveys, maintains cathodic protection equipment and evaluates and documents corrosion conditions of all assigned equipment and pipeline. Position will be subject to call outs for emergency response and/or work associated with Plains field operations.
• Conducts scheduled cathodic protection (CP) surveys of pipelines in compliance with Department of Transportation (DOT).
• Reads all rectifiers, anodes, foreign bonds, pipelines and casing test points on an annual basis. And takes quarterly reading of all rectifiers and control points.
• Responsible for chemical treatments and reads all internal corrosion monitoring devices bi-annually.
• Computerizes all data and provides reports to the Corrosion Supervisor.
• Maintains records such as annual level of protection, quarterly readings, and rectifier logbooks, test station (ETS) alignments, etc.
• Conducts interface tests that measure cathodic protection and other electrical effects.
• Model and Promote a culture of safety and environmental responsibility.
• Any other pipeline related duties that may be assigned.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• A minimum of 5 years' experience with the design, construction, monitoring and troubleshooting of cathodic protection systems and/or pipeline maintenance requirements.
• NACE certification desired.
• Basic computer skills and the ability to generate e-mail and complete applicable forms as required.
• Ability to speak read and write English to interpret equipment manuals, service notices, and related data.
• Good communication skills with demonstrated ability to interact effectively as a team member and represent company with landowners and other vendors and pipeline companies.
• Must be organized and proficient in record keeping.
• Possess a valid driver's license to operate company vehicles.
• Ability to complete Hazmat training, safety programs, and meet minimum D.O.T. requirements.
• Occasionally lifts or carries moderately heavy equipment or parts and positions them during maintenance activities. May have to work in confined spaces, working and stooping, kneeling, bending, and walking distances in all types of terrain.
• Frequently works in open environment with extremes of heat and cold, often in proximity to high voltage and/or chemicals, which requires safety accommodations such as protective clothing and equipment.
Plains All American Pipeline (Plains) is a publicly-traded master limited partnership that owns and operates midstream energy infrastructure and provides logistics services for crude oil, natural gas liquids (NGL), natural gas, and refined products. We own an extensive network of pipeline transportation, terminalling, storage and gathering assets in key crude oil and NGL producing basins and transportation corridors, and at major market hubs in the United States and Canada. On average, we handle over 4 million barrels per day of crude oil and NGL on our pipelines. The company is headquartered in Houston, Texas.