Skills: NDT Technician
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Houston, TX, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.
The Mechanical Integrity Project Supervisor’s primary responsibilities include mechanical integrity program implementation, API inspection of project equipment, and site supervisory responsibilities.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform API 510/570 mechanical integrity Inspections on project equipment
- Interact with on-site and off-site client representatives
- Responsible for planning, assigning, and directing work
- Work in conjunction with operations in the scheduling of equipment and personnel
- Weekly update to Operations Manager/Project Manager of all issues
- Provide input to operations pertaining to quoting API projects
- Assist in establishing reporting platforms for API services
- Assist in coordination of cross training of existing API personnel. Provide training to potential API candidates as needed
- Provide management with update on personnel qualification pertaining to API
- Insure all inspections are recorded properly
- Ensure the job gets done correctly and within budget
- Requires 75% travel for regular visits to the site and ongoing project presence to support API inspection activities and supervision of NDT crews, interface with client, etc.
- This position will supervise and oversee project site NDT and inspection crews.
Education and/or Experience
High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) and minimum five (5) years of mechanical integrity programs / API inspection experience. Field experience required, preferably with downstream process plant.
Additional Required Experience
- API Inspector Certifications: API 510 (Vessels) required and/or API 570 (Piping) (both preferred).
- Experience with implementation and management of mechanical integrity programs (PSRM: Process Safety Risk Management, aka, PSM).
- General knowledge of conventional NDT methods, such as RT/UT/MT/PT required.
- General knowledge of advanced NDT methods, such as long range guided wave UT (GWT); AUT corrosion mapping; EMAT; PEC preferred.
- Experienced with recommending / implementing advanced NDE methods based upon applicability within MI programs. (Preferred)
- Project supervision/PM experience is a plus
- The employee will occasionally work in confined spaces and works constantly on a stable work surface.
- Employee will work constantly with arms extended below waist, unsupported.
- Employee may work frequently with elbows flexed with wrist supported and occasionally with elbows flexed with wrist unsupported. Employee frequently climbs stairs to a second floor.
- Employee occasionally will stoop, kneel, squat and crawl. Employee will constantly have repetitive movements using manual dexterity, sense of touch and depth perception.
- Employee may be exposed to airborne dust in the working place. The employee frequently stands and constantly walks on a flat surface, constantly sits with back supported.
- An employee frequently sits with head forward, flexed and head tilted and rotated.
- At times employee will frequently extend arms to a level position, supported and occasionally arms will be extended below waist, supported. Employee occasionally needs color vision. Employee should be able to speak, hear in all ranges, and vision for reading and distance.
- The employee will exert up to 100 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 25 to 50 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Physical demand requirements are in excess of those for medium work, with this considered Heavy Work.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, political affiliation, marital status, sexual orientation, or other non-merit factors.
Job Title: Mechanical Integrity Project Supervisor
Location: Houston, Texas
Job ID: 11047
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Oceaneering develops products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. The company is the world's largest manufacturer and operator of work class Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROVs) and is also a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, workover control systems, asset integrity services, umbilicals, subsea hardware and tooling. Oceaneering also serves the aerospace, defense and theme park industries.