Skills: Construction Manager, Construction Superintendent, Planner / Scheduler
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: DC, DC, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Fibrwrap Construction Services, Inc. is looking for an experience Superintendent.
Fibrwrap Construction is a full service structural renovation company specializing in the design and application of advanced composite systems. Fibrwrap was founded in 1988 to assist in the development of Fyfe Company's Tyfo® Fibrwrap® system. Since then, we have performed structural upgrades on over 6,000 projects worldwide. For more information, visit www.fibrwrap.com or search Fibrwrap on www.youtube.com .
Fibrwrap Superintendents supervise and coordinate activities of workers assigned to his/her crew that are engaged in all phases of FRP installation and concrete rehabilitation projects. Primary responsibilities include the following:
- Inspect work areas to determine type of work required and materials and equipment to be used.
- Supervise the operation and maintenance of equipment as required.
- Coordinate production schedules with General Superintendent or Operations Manager and report and estimate worker hour requirements for completion of job assignment.
- Coordinate with General Superintendent and/or Operations Manager regarding tools and materials needed to be delivered at specified times to conform to work schedules.
- Facilitate internal Project Meetings with Superintendents, Field Engineer(s) and appropriate sub-contractors to make necessary changes and finalize the work schedule.
- Interpret company policies as applied to employees and enforce safety regulations, standard operating procedures and quality standards.
- Conduct weekly safety/toolbox meetings.
- Interpret job order requirements and instruct Foremen on how to fulfill the job orders.
- Promptly resolve any customer complaints. Recommend and implement measures to improved production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product.
- Analyze and resolve work problems, or assist Foremen in solving work problems.
- Schedule work two weeks in advance.
- Make crew hiring/termination decisions.
- Schedule and supervise subcontractors on work, quality, and safety policies.
- Meet or exceed as-bid gross margin on jobs.
- Meet all customer requirements.
- Comply with all work instructions for applications.
- Build bench strength on crew to cross-train and provide for succession planning.
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred
- Requires 5 years of related experience, including previous technician and/or superintendent experience
- Construction experience, specifically around epoxy applications, composites, concrete repair, demolition, finishing or pouring preferred
- Valid driver's license required with clean DMV record. A CDL, Class B is a plus
- Ability to work in confined spaces for extended periods of time required
- Extensive domestic travel required (80%+).
- Ability to lift 75 lbs. or equivalent with no assistance required
- Ability to quickly learn functional and technical standards, processes and procedures through classroom setting and on-the-job training
- Ability to use functional and technical knowledge and skills to lead crew in the completion of tasks at a high-level of accomplishment
- Familiarity with use of full body harness and full-face respirator a plus
- Ability to work independently and as a member or team leader of a highly diverse and high functioning team
- Ability to quickly form diverse crew members into a motivated and cohesive team while maintaining a fast paced, goals and results-oriented environment
- Ability to adhere to high professional standards
- Ability to understand implications of actions and subsequent impact on work and team members and act accordingly; accept responsibility and accountability for actions.
- Ability to fairly and consistently manage crew members to company established policies, procedures and processes.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to listen, comprehend and retain instructions accurately. Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in a concise and respectful manner with all levels of employees, customers and vendors.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide all units of measure, including whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form; ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situation
Physical Demands / Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical Demands : In the performance of duties for this position, the employee is: regularly required to sit, talk, and hear; frequently required to use hands to fingers, handle, or feel objects, required to stand, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, and taste or smell; regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds (occasionally up to 75 pounds). Vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, peripheral, and color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Ability for extended concentration. Must be able to enter confined space and comply with safety policies.
Work Environment: In performing the duties for this job, the employee will generally work outside (at job sites with moving vehicles and mechanical operations). Will be occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level is usually moderate to high. Travel by automobile and airplane required. Employee must be willing to be shaven to the extent that a full-face respirator can be worn and operated properly.
Our company offers a Competitive Salary with Career Growth Opportunities and a Full Benefits Package including Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Matching 401k, Tuition Assistance, paid Vacation and Holiday time, and much more.
Aegion Corporation and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.