Skills: Construction Superintendent
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: DC, DC, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Fibrwrap Construction Services, Inc. is looking for an experience Superintendent.
Fibrwrap ® Construction is a full service structural renovation company specializing in the design and application of advanced composite systems. Fibrwrap ® was founded in 1988 to assist in the development of Fyfe ® Company's Tyfo ® Fibrwrap ® system. Since then, we have performed structural upgrades on over 6,000 projects worldwide. For more information, visit www.fibrwrap.com or search Fibrwrap ® on www.youtube.com .
Fibrwrap ® Superintendents supervise and coordinate activities of Foreman & workers assigned to his/her crew(s) that are engaged in all phases of FRP installation and concrete rehabilitation projects. This position is the front-line Supervisory leader responsible for coordinating multiple projects at any given time, and working with the crew Foreman to lead, mentor, and direct the safe activities of a crew(s) of varied experience levels in the installation and repair of FRP installation and concrete rehabilitation projects. This is a position that contributes to the development of a zero injury safety culture, technical concepts, techniques and procedures for field application. This position consistently works on complex assignments requiring independent action, coordination with the client's needs, third-parties onsite, and a high degree of initiative to resolve issues. This position is required to drive a vehicle for the company.
- Safely schedule, coordinate and advise the activities of assigned Foreman(s) and crew members.
- Effectively manage and maintain the safe operation of equipment for the successful completion of each project.
- Provide leadership and supervision at the project site(s) and enforce policies, safety regulations, and working rules.
- Continually inspect work performed by crew(s) for quality and specification compliance following quality assurance and quality control procedures.
- Analyze and resolve work problems, or lead the Foreman(s) and crew members, in discovering resolution.
- In conjunction with the Foreman(s), prepare and submit for review; safety, production, time and other reports, as required.
- Inspect work areas and conduct pre-bid job walks to determine type of work required and materials and equipment to be used.
- Coordinate production schedules with the Project Manager and report and estimate worker hour requirements for completion of job assignment.
- Coordinate with the Project Manager regarding tools and materials needed to be delivered at specified times to conform to work schedules.
- Ability to effectively communicate in writing and verbally with customers, owners, and owner's representatives in a highly professional manner.
- Ability to understand project blueprints and drawings.
- Ability to coordinate all project-related equipment vendors, clients and inspectors.
- Ability to accurately articulate technical details regarding product and project specifications.
- Ability to identify change in conditions and potential change order requests.
- Facilitate internal project meetings with the Project Manager, Foreman(s) and appropriate third parties to make necessary changes and finalize the work schedule.
- Follows company policies as applied to employees and enforce safety regulations, standard operating procedures and quality standards.
- Conduct daily safety/toolbox meetings (STA's).
- Interpret project requirements and instruct Foremen on how to fulfill the project orders.
- Promptly resolve any customer complaints.
- Recommend and implement measures to improved production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product.
- Analyze and resolve work problems, or assist Foremen in solving work problems.
- Input on making crew hiring/termination decisions.
- Supervise subcontractors on work, quality, and safety policies.
- Help the Foreman(s) and the field crews meet or exceed as-bid gross margin on jobs.
- Meet or exceed all requirements as per the contract.
- Comply with all work instructions for applications.
- Build bench strength on crews to cross-train and provide for succession planning.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Requires 5 + years of related experience, including previous technician and/or foreman experience.
- Construction experience, specifically around epoxy applications, composites, concrete repair, and demolition, finishing or pouring preferred.
- Valid driver's license required with clean DMV record. A CDL, Class B is a plus.
- Ability to work in confined spaces for extended periods of time required
- Extensive domestic travel required (80 %+).
- Ability to lift 75 lbs. or equivalent with no assistance required.
- Ability to quickly learn functional and technical standards, processes and procedures through classroom setting and on-the-job training.
- Ability to use functional and technical knowledge and skills to lead crew in the completion of tasks at a high-level of accomplishment.
- Familiarity with use of full body harness and full-face respirator a plus.
- Ability to work independently and as a member or team leader of a highly diverse and high functioning team.
- Ability to quickly form diverse crew members into a motivated and cohesive team while maintaining a fast paced, goals and results-oriented environment.
- Ability to adhere to high professional standards
- Ability to understand implications of actions and subsequent impact on work and team members and act accordingly; accept responsibility and accountability for actions.
- Ability to fairly and consistently manage crew members to company established policies, procedures and processes.
- Ability to run 2 or more projects at once.
- Ability to communicate with inspector/ onsite engineer in a highly competent and professional manner.
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft office software is required. Strong computer skills a plus.
Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to listen, comprehend and retain instructions accurately. Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in a concise and respectful manner with all levels of employees, customers and vendors.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide all units of measure, including whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
Reasoning Skills: Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form; ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situation
Physical Demands / Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical Demands : In the performance of duties for this position, the employee is: regularly required to sit, talk, and hear; frequently required to use hands to fingers, handle, or feel objects, required to stand, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, and taste or smell; regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds (occasionally up to 75 pounds). Vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, peripheral, and color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Ability for extended concentration. Must be able to enter confined space and comply with safety policies.
Work Environment: In performing the duties for this job, the employee will generally work outside (at job sites with moving vehicles and mechanical operations). Will be occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level is usually moderate to high. Travel by automobile and airplane required. Employee must be willing to be shaven to the extent that a full-face respirator can be worn and operated properly.
Our company offers a Competitive Salary with Career Growth Opportunities and a Full Benefits Package including Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Matching 401k, Tuition Assistance, paid Vacation and Holiday time, and much more.
Aegion Corporation and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Every day, people’s lives and livelihoods depend on the operation of pipelines, refineries and other infrastructure related to the production of energy.
At Aegion, we are in the business of making sure these structures last. Our companies provide services and solutions to protect, strengthen and maintain them —inside and out — before, during and after their construction.
Aegion companies are leaders and innovators in Corrosion Protection and Energy Services. This includes everything from cathodic protection on pipelines to maintenance at refineries nationwide. Contact Aegion today to learn more about our companies or how to join our team of infrastructure professionals.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Aegion is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Aegion is firmly bound. Aegion will not engage in discrimination against, or harassment of, any person employed or seeking employment with Aegion on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA compliant – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.