Skills: Civil Construction, Laborer
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: DC, DC, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Fibrwrap Construction Services, Inc. is looking for an experienced Foreman.
Fibrwrap ® Construction is a full service structural renovation company specializing in the design and application of advanced composite systems. Fibrwrap ® was founded in 1988 to assist in the development of Fyfe ® Company's Tyfo ® Fibrwrap ® system. Since then, we have performed structural upgrades on over 6,000 projects worldwide. For more information, visit www.fibrwrap.com or search Fibrwrap ® on www.youtube.com .
This position will assist the Superintendent providing front-line field leader responsible for performing, mentoring and directing the safe activities of a crew of varied experience levels in the installation and repair of FRP installation and concrete rehabilitation projects. This is a highly skilled specialist position that contributes to the development of a zero injury safety culture, technical concepts, techniques and procedures for field application. This position consistently works on complex assignments requiring independent action and a high degree of initiative to resolve issues. This position acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new projects. This position will be required to drive a vehicle for the company.
- Safely schedule, coordinate and advise the activities of assigned crew members.
- Effectively manage and maintain the safe operation of equipment for the successful completion of each project.
- Provide leadership and supervision at project site and enforce policies, safety regulations, and working rules.
- Continually inspect work performed by crew for quality and specification compliance following quality assurance and quality control procedures.
- Perform general construction activities, when applicable.
- Analyze and resolve work problems, or lead crew members in discovering resolution.
- Ability to technically perform and manage all requirements required of Applicator 1 through 3 positions at a high level of expertise.
- Supervise the safe operation and maintenance of equipment as required.
- Conduct daily safety/toolbox meetings (STA's).
- Ability to effectively communicate in writing and verbally with customers, owners, and owner's representatives in a highly professional manner.
- Ability to understand project blueprints and drawings.
- Ability to coordinate all project-related equipment vendors, clients and inspectors.
- Ability to accurately articulate technical details regarding product and project specifications.
- Ability to identify change in conditions and potential change order requests.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred
- Requires 5+ years of related experience, including previous technician and/or foreman experience
- Construction experience, specifically around epoxy applications, composites, concrete repair, and demolition, finishing or pouring preferred.
- Valid driver's license required with clean DMV record. A CDL, Class B is a plus
- Ability to work in confined spaces for extended periods of time is required.
- Extensive domestic travel required (80 %+). On occasion may be required to travel internationally.
- Ability to lift 75 lbs. or equivalent with no assistance required.
- Ability to quickly learn functional and technical standards, processes and procedures through classroom setting and on-the-job training
- Ability to use functional and technical knowledge and skills to lead crew in the completion of tasks at a high-level of accomplishment.
- Familiarity with use of full body harness and full-face respirator a plus.
- Ability to work independently and as a member or team leader of a highly diverse and high functioning team.
- Ability to quickly form diverse crew members into a motivated and cohesive team while maintaining a fast paced, goals and results-oriented environment.
- Ability to adhere to high professional standards.
- Ability to understand implications of actions and subsequent impact on work and team members and act accordingly; accept responsibility and accountability for actions.
- Ability to fairly and consistently manage crew members to company established policies, procedures and processes.
Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to listen, comprehend and retain instructions accurately. Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in a concise and respectful manner with all levels of employees, customers and vendors.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide all units of measure, including whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
Reasoning Skills: Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form; ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situation
Physical Demands / Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical Demands : In the performance of duties for this position, the employee is: regularly required to sit, talk, and hear; frequently required to use hands to fingers, handle, or feel objects, required to stand, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, and taste or smell; regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds (occasionally up to 75 pounds). Vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, peripheral, and color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Ability for extended concentration. Must be able to enter confined space and comply with safety policies.
Work Environment: In performing the duties for this job, the employee will generally work outside (at job sites with moving vehicles and mechanical operations). Will be occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level is usually moderate to high. Travel by automobile and airplane required. Employee must be willing to be shaven to the extent that a full-face respirator can be worn and operated properly.
Our company offers a Competitive Salary with Career Growth Opportunities and a Full Benefits Package including Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Matching 401k, Tuition Assistance, paid Vacation and Holiday time, and much more.
Aegion Corporation and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Every day, people’s lives and livelihoods depend on the operation of pipelines, refineries and other infrastructure related to the production of energy.
At Aegion, we are in the business of making sure these structures last. Our companies provide services and solutions to protect, strengthen and maintain them —inside and out — before, during and after their construction.
Aegion companies are leaders and innovators in Corrosion Protection and Energy Services. This includes everything from cathodic protection on pipelines to maintenance at refineries nationwide. Contact Aegion today to learn more about our companies or how to join our team of infrastructure professionals.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Aegion is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Aegion is firmly bound. Aegion will not engage in discrimination against, or harassment of, any person employed or seeking employment with Aegion on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA compliant – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.