Skills: Environmental, Safety & Training, HSE Manager / Advisor, Safety Officer
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Edmonton, Canada
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Corrpro Canada is looking for a temporary field-based Safety Coordinator to join our team based out of Edmonton, AB.
Corrpro Canada, an Aegion company, is Canada's largest corrosion engineering, cathodic protection, and corrosion monitoring business for the protection and preservation of infrastructure. Corrpro provides professional corrosion consulting and cathodic protection engineering services to major oil companies, government agencies, municipal water, sewer and gas utilities, universities, and public transportation agencies. Corrpro Canada has complete construction installation services, including crews and equipment to install any type of cathodic protection system for any type of structure.
- Assist in annual COR audits as per Provincial Construction Safety Associations
- Conduct specialized safety training programs to communicate hazard control information
- Interact with management, supervisors, employees, and customers in order to identify and correct unsafe conditions or work practices, typically through formal and informal field audits/inspections
- Assist in developing strong safety policies and procedures to ensure compliance with legislation and industry practice
- Be able to analyze, interpret and report incident, loss and exposure statistical data
- Assist Supervisors in the Corrpro Incident Investigation process and be able to provide incident summaries
- Present and sometimes develop materials for presentation at monthly safety meetings
- Ensure monthly compliance summaries are submitted by office for review and provide feedback on any deficient items
- Assist in client Pre-Qualification Questionnaires for future or potential future projects
- Manage web based safety registries to ensure they are current and the information is accurate for clients review examples are ISNetworld, Comply Works, PICS and CanQual
- Administer the Corrpro Canada Safety Incentive program, track points for employees on a monthly basis and submit to the incentive provider
- Additional duties as assigned
- Occupational Health and Safety Degree, Diploma or equivalent years of experience
- 3+ years of relevant on-site safety experience
- National Construction Safety Officer (NCSO) is preferred
- Construction or Oil & Gas experience is preferred
- Class 5, non-GDL Driver's License
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Able to work independently and display creativity, exercise sound judgment, and demonstrates initiative
- Able to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- This job will require travel as the position has a National focus.
- This job will be 100% field based.
- Bring a positive, "can do" attitude to the position