Skills: Supply Chain Management
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Mumbai, India
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
REPORTS TO: Manager, Global Contracts
DEPARTMENT: Global Supply Chain
Position is responsible to manage the global process for vendor contracts. Incumbent must liaise with internal requestors/stakeholders, vendors, legal, and vendor management to ensure that all contracts are consistent with company requirements and appropriately address any risk and commercial considerations. The Lead, Vendor Contracts must coordinate the company strategy for indemnification and commercial contracts between corporate, market region, and field locations. Incumbent is required to review process requirements and structures to provide for effective and efficient processing and proper retention and accessibility of documents.
- Provide expertise related to the assessment, review, revision, and approval process for 3rd party contracts.
- Provide direct interface with legal, vendors, and internal stakeholders to facilitate effective management of contract process.
- Support process for assessment of contract templates required and guidance related to development
- Draft and revise document templates in compliance with company requirements.
- Participate in and guide efforts for process improvement and management of contracting process.
- Support training and develop a structure for effective comprehensive contract retention and global accessibility.
- Support and promote the effective and proper use of processes and company sanctioned tools related to contracts and contract management
- Promote awareness and competence in the global organization through training and communication programs
- Support sourcing supplier performance and relationship management programs related to service level agreements and commercial contract management.
- Develop and maintain a professional network with business partners, colleagues and the supply base.
- Develop and implement SMART personal and team goals and objectives with objective performance indicators. Manage personal, team and stakeholder actions to assure that the goals are met.
- Provide leadership and mentoring within the supply chain organization.
- Understand Global Supply Chain department-s key controls to ensure the department is compliant with Sarbanes-Oxley.
EDUCATION: Bachelor-s degree or equivalent business experience. Paralegal certification or equivalent is highly desirable.
EXPERIENCE: Eight (8) to twelve (12) years of contracts management experience.
Highly organized with the ability to resolve complex issues.
Strong team building and interpersonal skills.
Strong negotiations skills.
Strong analytical skills with the ability to find and analyze data.
Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
Knowledge of ERP and procurement systems.
Technical Skills: Legal training and strong skills related to contract preparation, review, assessment, and management
Decision Making: Ability to determine situations requiring independent action using own judgment and involving additional parties as required.
Assertiveness: Must be capable of Identifying opportunities and drive improvements in process and controls.
Progressive approach to solving complex issues: Requires innovative approach to identification of areas for targeted improvements, development of alternatives, and implementation of solutions.
Global Perspective: Experience in evaluating and supporting varied global requirements.
Strong Communication Skills: Job requires strong communication and presentation skills with focus on promoting opportunities at all management levels.