Skills: Financial Analyst
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Shell’s presence in Thailand dates back to 1892 when the first barge containing Shell kerosene docked in Bangkok. Today, Shell is one of the largest and the longest-established multinational operations in Thailand.
The Shell Brand is one of the most esteemed and well respected in the Thai energy sector. Shell played a pioneering role in the advancement of the industry, from the establishment of refineries to a nationwide network of gasoline stations. The company has also helped to strengthen the talent base within the energy sector in Thailand
For more than 120 years of our operations in Thailand, Shell has been growing side by side with the country’s developing economy. We have been committed to developing products of quality and to preserving the environment. Our goal is not only to achieve business success but also to play an active role in helping improve society.
The purpose of Controller Finance Advisor is to manage financial activities of Land Holding Companies (LHC), consisting of Unitas and Sahapatanakijphan, to secure strategic location for SCOT such as retail outlet, depot and head office including being a vehicle to support Shell business growth in Thailand. The company will invest in $ 12 million to acquire land, to build new service station, to invest in non-fuel business such as convenience store, coffee shop and other alliances The Controller Finance Advisor provide financial support to LHC starting from reviewing company strategies, managing company portfolios such as land acquisition and divestment, projecting 10 years business plan, preparing yearly plan and appraisal, including formulating cash flow projection.
Apart from above , the Controller Finance Advisor also provides support for controllership activities such as coordinating performance review and staff engagement at country level and supporting Unitas’s management in managing external key stakeholders such as external shareholders/director of Unitas, senior executive from bank.
The challenge of this position is to support ongoing new businesses implementation such as coffee, retail convenience store, solar and head office campus project. The role requires incumbent with strong commercial mindset, skillful stakeholder management, experience in project management, process design, and system set up.
- Strategic review: Finance support LHC strategies to ensure business maximizing profit
- Support Unitas Shareholder Rep & Managing Director in updating JV value plan by considering long term strategies, long term investment, operational excellence, company’s risk and etc.
- Formulate 10 years cash flow projection to certify company liquidity status.
- Review benefit and cost of investment proposal by ensuring justification of key assumptions and keep challenge to minimize cost.
- Planning and Appraisal: Lead preparation of full year plan of LHC by coordinating with other functions to gather data. Review monthly performance against full year plan
- Prepare full year plan by consolidating income, cost, investment and loan to get approval from Board of Director
- Provide finance support for implementing new businesses expansion such as coffee, colocator, convenience retail, Head office, solar and etc.
- Monitor and drive Retail focal points to achieve financial target as committed with Unitas’s Board & Shareholders
- Manage monthly cash flow position by working closely with Singapore Treasury.
- Manage lease agreement: Finance evaluation support of contracts resulting to valuate income from lease agreement
- Manage land valuation process with third party land appraiser
- Negotiate rental income to get agreement between Director and Retail Network
- Provide support and guidance to stakeholders in business and finance operation to ensure alignment of with IFRS Interface to seek advice from tax and legal where required.
- Support implementation of business process and system set up: ensure proper new accounting and business process control set up including MOA.
- Coordinate with Retail Finance, Finance operation and retail network to implement process set up and provide advice accordingly to ensure proper accounting record
- Consult with CTL (Country Tax manager) for tax planning and mitigation plan for potential tax exposure.
- Support Managing Director and Shareholder Representative to manage external stakeholder such as Board of Director, shareholders and banks
- Bachelor's Degree or Higher in Finance or related field
- Preferred CPA (Certified Public Accounting), at least 4 years audit experience
- Having SAP system knowledge
- Having experience in project management including system/process set up
- Commercial mindset
- Good command in English
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video