Skills: HSE Manager / Advisor
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, TX, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
30449BR MOTIVA Disability Case Manager (Houston, TX) United States Houston, TX Motiva Enterprises is on a journey to become the safest and most profitable downstream company in the U.S. More than 3,700 dedicated professionals comprise the 50/50 joint venture between Shell and Saudi Aramco. Motiva has refineries located in Convent and Norco, Louisiana and Port Arthur, Texas with combined capacity of over 1 million barrels per day, making it the third largest manufacturing company in the Americas. A strategic distribution network of product terminals across the eastern and southern parts of the U.S. delivers quality gasoline and petroleum products to nearly 8,300 Shell-branded retail outlets. Be part of a dynamic and nimble organization where your talents are rewarded and your efforts make a difference in the company’s performance.
As announced on March 16, Motiva’s owners have signed a non-binding Letter of Intent to separate the assets and businesses of the joint venture. Saudi Aramco publicly stated at that time Motiva will be set up as an autonomous integrated downstream affiliate. As such, Motiva remains committed to managing its current business and preparing the organization to function as a stand-alone entity. Motiva is seeking talented professionals who want to make a difference in the company and the industry.
The Disability Case Manager has the following responsibilities;
- Provide leadership and management on the Occupational health programs, disability management program (medical case component). Also involves program evaluation & recommendations for program improvement
- Provide individual case management of work & non-work related illness or injury. This requires early case identification, assessment & intervention techniques, effective case management & follow-up to mitigate factors (e.g. medical, psycho-social) that interfere with employees' safely remaining at work or returning to work as soon as possible
- Coordinate health assessments, medical case management & action plans
- Key focal person for internal & external health care providers
- Provide recommendations regarding fitness to work, job accommodations, restrictions &/or limitations
- Provide supervisors/managers & HR with written &/or oral progress reports
- Provide consultation & appropriate feedback to team members, supervisors/managers & HR re medical case management, disability management including absence investigations
- Respond to team member &/or management questions or issues related to team member health and safety
- Provide information regarding health services & programs available through Shell Health
- Provide expert technical advice on job-related health issues & provide health information/education for individuals or groups
- Undertake health promotion initiatives consistent with Motiva Medical Services strategic objectives.
- Organize & perform prescribed nurse clinical health assessments including but not limited to: Fitness for Duty & consultation, health surveillance, medical exams, biomedical testing, return to work, substance abuse, FMLA management and coordination.
- Manage complex pre-placement health assessments.
- Maintain accurate health records
- Accountable for adherence to applicable laws and regulations
- The role will support all Motiva employees
- Responsible for assuring quality of health and medical service support
- RN Diploma or Bachelor of Nursing degree
- 5+ years experience in Occupational Health Nursing. Experience in emergency &/or acute/critical care nursing would also be preferred.
- Strong clinical skills for individual case management
- Strong problem-solving skills, particularly for complex cases
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational & time management skills to effectively manage a number of cases at the same time
- Strong skills for assessing, planning, organizing, implementing & evaluating health services programs
- Ability to work in a flexible work environment
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Extensive disability management experience is an asset
- Ability to utilize various commercial software packages
- Ability to learn new concepts thoroughly, adapts to changing requirements, & conveys this understanding to adult learners
- Dedication to safe work & environmental responsibility
- Ideal candidate has Medgate experience
- Occupational Health Nursing Certificate with Certification preferred
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video