Skills: HSE Manager / Advisor
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Houston, TX, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
30450BR MOTIVA Medical Services Manager (Houston, TX) United States Houston, TX Motiva Enterprises is on a journey to become the safest and most profitable downstream company in the U.S. More than 3,700 dedicated professionals comprise the 50/50 joint venture between Shell and Saudi Aramco. Motiva has refineries located in Convent and Norco, Louisiana and Port Arthur, Texas with combined capacity of over 1 million barrels per day, making it the third largest manufacturing company in the Americas. A strategic distribution network of product terminals across the eastern and southern parts of the U.S. delivers quality gasoline and petroleum products to nearly 8,300 Shell-branded retail outlets. Be part of a dynamic and nimble organization where your talents are rewarded and your efforts make a difference in the company’s performance.
As announced on March 16, Motiva’s owners have signed a non-binding Letter of Intent to separate the assets and businesses of the joint venture. Saudi Aramco publicly stated at that time Motiva will be set up as an autonomous integrated downstream affiliate. As such, Motiva remains committed to managing its current business and preparing the organization to function as a stand-alone entity. Motiva is seeking talented professionals who want to make a difference in the company and the industry.
The Medical Services Manager position is to ensure the provision of health care delivery from a clinical care and services perspective, to Motiva employees. Duties include;
- To partner with Motiva to support the business as a high performing company from a health, performance and safety perspective including Occupational Health strategy, Wellness, injury and illness management
- Manage Motiva Medical Services – 2-4 staff and budget
- Provide for and assure high quality, efficient, comprehensive health services (incl. occupational, environmental, clinical, etc). This applies to operated health/clinical services, and health/clinical services provided by third parties
- May act as a Medical Review Officer (MRO) for Company drugs and alcohol program.
- Be the health focal point for stakeholders
- Monitor Contractors health program, performance and standards, incl. but not limited to alcohol and drug testing, occupational health including case management and fitness to work, disability management (non occupational and occupational), industrial hygiene, wellness etc.
- Responsible for managing third party contracts
- Responsible for external benchmarking and ensuring the organization is current regarding new guidelines, and technologies
- Accountable for adherence to applicable laws and regulations as well as engagement with industry/government/local organization relevant to Health
- Manage relationship with Medgate and other third party vendors as appropriate
- Single point accountability for comprehensive health services provision to all Motiva
- Management of Motiva Medical Services
- Evaluating (proposed) national health legislation and assessing compliance needs.
- Assuring quality of health and medical service support to Motiva
- Ensuring third party contracts are providing the services needed
The complexity of the position is determined by:
- The need to have in-depth and in-breadth knowledge of a broad health and wellness field.
- The necessity to have sufficient helicopter view to look beyond professional boundaries at health issues in the context of its stakeholders, and its business environment.
Required Experience Qualification
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video