Skills: HR - General
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, TX, US
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
30452BR MOTIVA Benefits Advisor (Houston, TX) United States Houston, TX Motiva Enterprises is on a journey to become the safest and most profitable downstream company in the U.S. More than 3,700 dedicated professionals comprise the 50/50 joint venture between Shell and Saudi Aramco. Motiva has refineries located in Convent and Norco, Louisiana and Port Arthur, Texas with combined capacity of over 1 million barrels per day, making it the third largest manufacturing company in the Americas. A strategic distribution network of product terminals across the eastern and southern parts of the U.S. delivers quality gasoline and petroleum products to nearly 8,300 Shell-branded retail outlets. Be part of a dynamic and nimble organization where your talents are rewarded and your efforts make a difference in the company’s performance.
As announced on March 16, Motiva’s owners have signed a non-binding Letter of Intent to separate the assets and businesses of the joint venture. Saudi Aramco publicly stated at that time Motiva will be set up as an autonomous integrated downstream affiliate. As such, Motiva remains committed to managing its current business and preparing the organization to function as a stand-alone entity. Motiva is seeking talented professionals who want to make a difference in the company and the industry.
PurposeResponsible for all aspects of defined benefit/defined contribution plans including but not limited to: development, plan implementation and communication, benchmarking and establishing policies and procedures.
- Work with compensation manager/consultants on a variety of projects including program design, analysis, budgeting, implementation for Motiva Defined Benefit/Contribution Plans
- Participate in projects such as survey participation, data analysis, and benchmarking to ensure Motiva offers competitive platforms
- Develop and document procedures to streamline processes and ensure compliance with regulatory requirements
- Educate HR and general population on programs
- Manage partner relations with external business partners such as Fidelity
- Effective problem resolution, change management
- Manage compliance with all federal, local and regulatory compliance
- Managing multiple priorities and competing demands.
- Manage relations with wealth administrators and providers
- Responsible for the analytics for Pension committee meetings and creating/delivering presentations as necessary
- This role requires strong relationships and interfaces with Finance: Treasury and Controllers
Special Challenges/ requirements
Candidates should have demonstrated the ability to:
- Use independent judgment
- Ability to evaluate, recommends, and implement new and/or existing processes and controls
- Be a self-starter to successfully complete multiple tasks with minimal supervision
- Champion and embrace change in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to motivate staff in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment with competing priorities and demands
Candidates should also possess the following:
- Minimum five (5+) years direct experience in benefits administration
- Bachelor's degree
- Strong analytical skills
- Sound business and commercial acumen
- Strong communication skills
- Commitment to continuous improvement
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video