Galena Park, TX, US
Galena Park, TX, US
Skills: Maintenance Technician, Mechanic
Experience: 18 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Galena Park, TX, US
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
31805BR Maintenance Mechanic- Houston Lubricants Plant, Galena Park, TX United States Galena Park, TX Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies with over 90,000 employees in more than 70 countries and territories. In the US, we have operated for over a century and are a major oil and gas producer onshore and in the Gulf of Mexico, a recognized innovator in exploration and production technology, and a leading manufacturer and marketer of fuels, natural gas and petrochemicals. We deliver energy responsibly; operate safely with respect to our neighbours and work to minimize our environmental impact. We are in search of remarkable people who will thrive in a diverse and inclusive work environment to deliver exciting projects locally and globally. People who are passionate about exploring new frontiers. Innovators and pioneers. People with the drive to help shape our future. Because remarkable people achieve remarkable things. Responsibilities:
This role is responsible for troubleshooting and providing immediate corrective maintenance response during equipment runtime, as well as responding to other equipment and facility-related issues. Major duties include: preventative maintenance program, breakdown response, as well as working with production, engineering, and other technical resources in order to improve equipment uptime.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production cycle.
- Perform scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment as made available.
- Perform trouble shooting and repairs on automated equipment.
- Provide basic controls trouble shooting and programming.
- Interact with contractors and vendors as required.
- Perform simple machinist duties and responsibilities.
- Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, trouble shooting and repair of production machines including pumps, both hydraulic and pneumatic.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments.
- Team with planning and engineering to develop preventive maintenance practices as required.
- Perform preventative and predictive maintenance and document all activities on pumps, motors, gearboxes and other mechanical and electrical equipment.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Comply with safety regulations (Lock-Out Tag Out, PTW, PPE requirements, etc.).
- Maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- Install, align, and perform preventative maintenance on various types of pumps. Must also be able to perform pump repairs with disassembly (including mechanical seal removal)
- Diagnose and apply results using alignment tools for power-driven connections (i.e., reverse dial indicator and laser alignment tools)
- Execute maintenance activities per direction of Maintenance Supervisor, and may include the keeping of records, monitoring of maintenance costs, and production performance
- Electrical experience a plus
- Must be authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis without the requirement of a work visa
- Must be capable and willing to wear respirator
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must have a minimum of two (2) years of continuous and current Industrial Mechanic, Machinist or Millwright experience preferably in the high speed packaging industry
- Willing to work outside in inclement weather with or without accommodation
- Willing to work in compact and confined spaces with or without accommodation
- Willing to climb ladders, walk up and down steps, and work at heights with or without accommodation
- To attend to emergencies, successful candidates must reside within 90 minutes of the site, or be willing to relocate to within 90 minutes of the site without relocation assistance
- Willing to work a rotating shift work schedule
- Willing to work overtime, holidays, nights, and weekends
- Willing to work at least 12 consecutive hours each day and a shift schedule of up to 8 consecutive days
- Willing to be on call and meet call-out standards to respond to site responsibilities and emergencies
- As a part of the pre-employment selection process, candidates are required to submit to and receive satisfactory results from all pre-employment background, drug, medical, and reference checks, including hair drug testing. Are you willing to submit to all pre-employment checks?
- Willing to support the company's drug-free work environment, which will include random drug screenings
- Willing to support and comply with the company’s harassment-free work environment policy
- Willing to support and comply with the company’s safety policies and initiatives
- Willing to support and comply with the company's diversity and inclusion work environment policies
- Willing to attend and achieve satisfactory results on pre-employment testing.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video