Skills: Production Operator
Experience: 18 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Port Arthur, TX, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
31806BR Motiva Refinery COKER Operator - Port Arthur, TX United States Port Arthur, TX Motiva Enterprises is on a journey to become the safest and most profitable downstream company in the U.S. More than 3,700 dedicated employees comprise the 50/50 joint venture between Shell and Saudi Aramco. Motiva has refineries located in Convent and Norco, Louisiana and Port Arthur, Texas with combined capacity of over 1 million barrels per day, making it the third largest manufacturing company in the Americas. A strategic distribution network of product terminals across the eastern and southern parts of the U.S. delivers quality gasoline and petroleum products to nearly 8,300 Shell-branded retail outlets. Be part of a dynamic and nimble organization where your talents are rewarded and your efforts make a difference in the company’s performance.
The Process Operator is responsible for monitoring, controlling and conducting activities that pertain to unit operation and taking corrective action when necessary to ensure that all unit conditions and operations are in compliance with Motiva safety, environmental and operating policies and procedures.
Typical duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Ensuring strict compliance with Motiva’s safety policies and procedures, taking immediate corrective action in the event a potential issue or unsafe behavior is observed.
- Ensuring proper shift turn-over by providing effective written and oral communications to the relieving shift and technician that cover routine and non-routine issues, problems faced, unit operating conditions, etc.
- Monitoring and accurately recording temperatures, pressures and rates of flow for upward or downward trends.
- Maintaining good communications with other team members and with other facility teams (utilities, logistics, etc.)
- Ensuring that operations are within environmental requirements.
- Performing required preventative maintenance, assisting in troubleshooting potential issues and giving assistance to others when unit problems occur.
- Making sure to document efforts in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Properly using personal computers for meeting daily performance expectations and accessing plant and unit information and procedures.
- Actively assuming personal accountability for meeting Motiva’s standards of continuous personal and professional development.
- Participating in training and responding to emergency situations as required.
- Actively complying with all operating policies and procedures.
- Ensuring that work stations and work locations are clean and free of hazards.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis without the requirement of a work visa
- Must have more than 5 year's experience operating a Coker Unit
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must have a minimum of a high school diploma
- Must be able to speak, read and write English proficiently
- Willing to work outside in inclement weather with or without accommodation
- Willing to work in compact and confined spaces with or without accommodation
- Willing to climb ladders, walk up and down steps, and work at heights with or without accommodation
- Willing to respond to emergencies as part of the Emergency Response Team with or without accommodation
- To attend to emergencies, successful candidates must reside within 90 minutes of the site, or be willing to relocate to within 90 minutes of the site without relocation assistance
- Willing to work a rotating shift work schedule
- Willing to work overtime, holidays, nights, and weekends
- Willing to be on call and meet call-out standards to respond to site responsibilities and emergencies
- As a part of the pre-employment selection process, candidates are required to submit to and receive satisfactory results from a pre-employment medical screening, background check, and drug test including hair and oral fluids
- Willing to support the company's drug-free work environment, which will include random drug screenings
- Willing to support and comply with the company's harassment-free work environment policy
- Willing to support and comply with the company’s safety policies and initiatives
- Willing to support and comply with the company's diversity and inclusion work environment policies
- Willing to attend and achieve satisfactory results on pre-employment testing
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video