Skills: NDT Technician
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Charlotte, NC, US
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Job Title: Ultrasonic Phased Array Technician
Job Location: Charlotte, North Carolina
Intertek's AIM Engineering Group (previously APTECH Engineering) was founded in 1978. We operate within Intertek as an engineering consulting company of almost 50 highly qualified professionals and support staff. Our team members are Code committee chairs/members and are industry leaders in their respective fields. The group provides services in the life management of infrastructure, facilities, equipment failure analysis and prevention, problem solving, reliability, improvement, asset management, life prediction, risk analysis, remaining useful life assessments, and cost of operation and maintenance.
The Ultrasonic Phased Array Technician will be assisting the Intertek's field managers during field work upon hiring. He/she may lead the field team eventually if adequate initiative and leadership skills are illustrated. Successful performance in this role requires effective communication, strong technical skills to perform and evaluate the results of Nondestructive Examinations (NDE), practical experience to solve problems related to working in the field environment, and strong commitment to developing better processes and technologies.
- Perform NDE per provided procedures in the field environment independently or with a team.
- Provide NDE results with good organizational and report writing skills.
- Maintain open lines of communication with coworkers, clients, and subcontractors.
- Follow new NDE technologies and provide suggestions to managers.
- Work with other NDE staff to maintain the NDE equipment organized, clean, and calibrated.
- Assist in creating and improving NDE procedures and report templates.
- Have a mindset of safety first.
- Travel domestically and internationally to job sites, conferences, and other Intertek offices, as needed.
- EPRI certification in Ultrasonic Testing (UT) Phased-Array.
- ASNT Level II UT certification (UT shearwave and UT phased-array).
- Two or more years of work related experience.
- Valid driver's license.
- Experience with NDE of power plant equipment.
- Level II MT/PT/VT.
- Able to read procedures, equipment drawings, isometrics, and P&ID's.
- Relocation is not mandatory. It is preferable to work from one of the following Intertek offices: Charlotte, NC; Houston, TX; or Santa Clara, CA.
Intertek offers a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market. We promote a culture where motivated, customer-oriented employees can flourish, experience professional fulfillment, and reach their highest potential. We offer medical, prescription, dental, vision, life and disability insurance plans, 401(k) with company match, paid time off (vacation, sick, holiday), Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), tuition reimbursement, and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veterans status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
Intertek is one of the largest and most respected specialized staffing and outsourcing agencies operating in the engineering and technical services marketplace. Working closely with its clients, Intertek has played a critical role in staffing some of the most notable projects to have been designed, engineered, constructed and commissioned on all major continents.
Intertek’s competitive advantage lies in its unique ability to provide highly qualified personnel that clearly meet the client’s needs, expectations and site placement requirements. This is accomplished through a network of dedicated, proactive and strategic recruitment centers established in multiple geographic regions providing an impressive ability to identify, screen, hire and deploy not only expatriate resources but also local and regional expertise. This proficiency is not easily found in today's marketplace, thus positioning Intertek to contribute significant value to the client's local labor content and sustainable development initiatives.