Skills: Electrical Technician, Electrician
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Rotational Salaried Employee
Location: Jane Lew, WV, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Searching for a growing and stable frac company with competitive pay, an excellent work environment and a good benefits package? Look no further! US Well Services, home to the industry's first fully electric and mobile fracturing application powered by natural gas, is actively seeking a qualified Electrician in our Jane Lew, WV location.
Summary: Provides electrical services to support well site hydraulic fracturing operations for electric powered US Well Services Clean Fleet®. A mobile micro-grid generates power using turbine engine generators and the power is distributed to hydraulic fracturing equipment.
Essential Job Functions and Accountabilities:
- Comply with all standards and procedures set forth by US Well Services, LLC
- Must develop working knowledge of USWS Clean Fleet® equipment
- Be available by phone 24 hours a day while on scheduled rotation
- Must provide own basic tools and understand their proper use
- Moderate use of hand and power tools to work with and repair electrical equipment
- Must use proper grounding techniques
- Must possess basic understanding of various schematics
- Must perform proper and safe cable routing
· Promotes ethical behavior in all aspects of the business and lead by example
· Will be required to complete all USWS training including Flash Arc Training and Basic Electrical Safety Training as provided
· Must be able to determine appropriate level of personal protective equipment (PPE) needed for the specific assigned task
· Must properly use ladders and safety harnesses
· Must be able to properly use various tools such as: multimeters, meggers, scopemeter, along with other hand tools needed to complete the job
· Be able to exercise the proper use of wiring techniques for 110 V A/C, 240 V A/C, 600 V A/C, and 13.8 KV single and three phase power
· Understand and be able to interpret electrical symbols on schematics and blueprints
· Must be able to apply theory in electrical principles for troubleshooting equipment malfunctions
· Be able to test and repair A/C motors, transformers, switchgears, electrical substations, circuit breakers, variable frequency drives (VFD's), soft starts, air conditioners, and motor control centers
· Must be able to rig in and rig out a mobile electric micro-grid that powers electric oilfield equipment
· Must be able to ground electric oilfield equipment and certify that it is properly grounded
· Must be able to inspect and repair power and communication cables for electric oilfield equipment.
· Test and repair electrical equipment on a turbine engine generator
- All other duties and responsibilities as assigned by Supervisor
Be able to mentor other employees that are new to position
Education and/or Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 1-2 years' experience minimum in Electrical field with knowledge of A/C power and A/C motors, preferable working with high voltage.
· Ability to work rotational schedule, including long and/or occasionally irregular hours such as a 15 days on 6 days off.
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations:
- Must possess a Journeyman or Master Electrician License issued by the state of the District advertising the opening.
- Clean MVR
· Low Voltage Gloves
· Current National Electrical Code (NEC) Manual (for tech support)
· Flash Arc Suit*
· 20 KV Sleeves*
· Shepherds Cane or Equivalent*
· Work Place Specific Electrical Manuals*
*Company will provide these items. See Supervisor for details and list of required basic hand tools.
U.S. Well Services, LLC is a Houston, Texas based oilfield services provider of well stimulation services to the upstream oil and gas industry. The company is currently under contract to perform services in the Marcellus and Utica shale regions in Ohio, West Virginia and Pennsylvania and is also evaluating opportunities with existing and new customers to expand our operations into new areas throughout the United States. USWS utilizes an exciting new technology, currently in WV, called Clean Fleet®. This is a proprietary, patented system developed by U.S. Well Services that incorporates existing industry equipment configured to provide fracturing services with enhanced safety features, smaller physical and environmental footprints, and reduced noise levels at a lower cost relative to traditional fracturing equipment. The Clean Fleet® is the industry’s first fully mobile, fully electric hydraulic fracturing system that is powered entirely by natural gas whereby conventional diesel engines are totally replaced with electric motors. USWS also operates seven (7) fleets of high-spec conventional equipment comprising one of the youngest fleets of equipment in the industry.