Skills: Accounting, Bookkeeper
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Poway, CA, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Underground Solutions, Inc. ("UGSI"), an Aegion Company, has an opening for a Staff Accountant in our Poway, CA facility.
Underground Solutions, Inc. is one of the most dynamic and fastest growing companies in the water infrastructure and electrical conduit market with a portfolio of proprietary and patented technologies targeting water and wastewater infrastructure improvement and undergrounding of electrical conduit.
Responsible primarily for all project related accounting activities, including setting up projects in our accounting system, posting job costs, billing customers, computing commissions, filing sales tax returns, and closing projects.
- Effectively work with contract administration to collect the required information to set-up new projects in accounting system.
- Prepare project invoices per contract terms. Answer any question from customers on invoices.
- Review and post AP invoices and employee expenses.
- Review project revenue and billing backlog each month with project manager to ensure accuracy of the revenue and cost backlog and for billing opportunities.
- Maintain and report backlog by project and the total backlog at the end of each reporting period.
- Post monthly QA/QC, warranty, and fusion cost allocations to completed projects
- Prepare project cost summary and detail reports for project close out meetings
- Compute monthly and YTD bookings by sales person and compute quarterly sales commission.
- Prepare and file sales tax returns as required.
- Provide audit support on revenue related items as needed.
- Perform additional assignments as directed by Sr. Director of Finance and the Controller.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting preferred
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office products such as Excel, Word, and Adobe Acrobat.
- One to two years of accounting experience preferred, but not required.
UGSI is a drug-free workplace. Our company offers competitive pay with career growth opportunities and a full benefits package including medical, dental and vision insurance,
matching 401k, tuition assistance, paid vacation and holiday time, and much more.
For more information about UGSI, please visit our website at www.undergroundsolutions.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity. Aegion is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Aegion is firmly bound. Aegion will not engage in discrimination against, or harassment of, any person employed or seeking employment with Aegion on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA compliant - priority referral Protected Veterans requested.