Skills: Mechanical Technician, Piping Technician
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Portland, OR, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Underground Solutions, Inc ("UGSI"), an Aegion Company,has an opening for a Pipe Fusion Technician. This position could be based in the Portland, OR or Seattle WA area.
Underground Solutions, Inc. (UGSI), is one of the most dynamic and fastest growing companies in the water infrastructure market with a portfolio of proprietary and patented technologies targeting water and wastewater infrastructure improvement.
The Fusion Technician position will be responsible for fusing our patented Fusible PVC® pipe by means of a thermal butt fusion technology and providing on-site assistance to installation contractors in a fast-paced, small company atmosphere. Duties will include:
- Providing PVC fusion services while working closely with contractors on the job-site.
- Training and assisting customers with various fusion joining and field installation processes.
- Travel to and from work sites with extended assignments of one to two weeks at a time.
- Maintenance of fusion machines.
- Working outdoors and on-site to exacting QA/QC specifications and documentation requirements.
The ideal candidate will be familiar with the construction process and methods for pipeline installation. Fusion technicians represent our company on the job site and must be able to conduct themselves professionally.
- Some construction or similar experience is preferred (piping or HDPE fusion experience a plus).
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with general and drilling contractors required.
- Mechanically inclined required.
- Class C CDL License (or ability to obtain) and clean driving record required.
- Physically able to lift 75 lbs unassisted required.
- Computer literacy required.
- Problem solving and organizational skills required.
- Self-motivated with ability to work independently with minimal supervision from a remote home office is required.
- Ability to travel up to 75% of the time, nationwide and internationally occasionally is required.
UGSI is a drug-free workplace. Our company offers competitive pay with career growth opportunities and a full benefits package, including medical, dental and vision insurance, matching 401k, tuition assistance, paid vacation and holiday time, and much more.
For more information about UGSI, please visit our website at www.undergroundsolutions.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity. Aegion is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Aegion is firmly bound. Aegion will not engage in discrimination against, or harassment of, any person employed or seeking employment with Aegion on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA compliant - priority referral Protected Veterans requested.