Skills: QA / QC / Inspection
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Hanover, MD, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.
The Advanced Technologies (ADTECH) group of Oceaneering is recognized as an industry leader in enabling humans to work safely and effectively in harsh environments ranging from the depths of the sea to the outer reaches of space. ADTECH specializes in the support of manned systems and the development and application of practical, cost-effective robotic systems in multiple industries.
ADTECH designs, builds, and operates unique underwater systems for the US Navy and provides life cycle maintenance services for Submarines and Deep Submergence Systems. ADTECH is developing the next generation space suit for NASA and provides robotic and spacecraft life support systems. ADTECH is also an award winning leader in design, build, and installation of theme park entertainment ride systems and provides intra-logistic solutions using AGV systems.
ADTECH's business areas are: Oceaneering Technologies, Marine Services Division, Oceaneering Space Systems, Oceaneering Entertainment Systems, Frog AGV Systems, and ADTECH Manufacturing Group.
For more information please go to www.oceaneering.com and click on Products & Services, then click on Non-Oilfield, then click on Naval and Marine Services.
The Senior Electro-Mechanical Inspector is responsible for performing all types of inspections duties, periodic training other inspectors and initial training of newly hired inspectors, and performing other duties as assigned. Additional duties may include, interfacing with customer representatives, vendors, government inspectors and company’s other departments such as Manufacturing, Purchasing, Accounting, and Departmental Engineers, etc. The Senior Electro-Mechanical Inspector must be able to interpret and evaluate wiring diagrams and schematics.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Receive inspection and testing of electro-mechanical components and sub-assemblies.
- In-process inspecting and testing in accordance with Quality System work instructions. Included in this are reading drawings/blue prints, determining methods for dimensional inspections, inspection of paint and other coatings, weld inspection, and identification of material and inspected items to show inspection status
- Perform wiring/connectivity inspection of sub- and final-assemblies.
- Verify that items exhibit acceptable workmanship and that inspection reports/certificate of conformance are completed and ready for shipment with the product.
- Perform electrical inspection to ensure electrical wiring best practices.
- Work with electrical design engineers to improve wiring diagrams and schematics as needed.
- Final inspection to verify that items exhibit acceptable workmanship and that inspection reports/certificate of conformance are completed and ready for shipment with the product.
- Visual weld inspection and NDE inspection of welds and base material.
- Conduct periodic training of inspectors and initial training of new hires.
- Maintain logs; filling out nonconforming material reports and other required records of inspection and tests.
- Assure that inspection gages and equipment are in current calibration.
- Periodic training of inspections and initial training of new hires.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum five years of Quality Control experience in a manufacturing environment or equivalent.
- Strong working knowledge of electrical wiring best practices.
- Must be able to evaluate wiring diagrams and schematics and make suggestions for improvement.
- Previous training and/or experience in the following areas:
- Electrical inspection and interpreting wiring diagrams and schematics
- Geometric tolerancing
- General mechanical inspection
- Basic electrical inspection
- Electrical/electronic component identification
- Basic electrical/electronic troubleshooting (point to point conductivity, resistance using Multi-Meter)
- Blueprint reading skills.
- Knowledge of basic technical mathematics; inspection, measuring, and test equipment; materials and processes; inspection planning and technology; fabrication methods; inspections methods; geometrical tolerance systems; and basic statistics.
- Candidate will have to perform in an ISO-9000 rated company in a rapidly changing and demanding atmosphere.
- The ability to obtain security clearance may be required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, political affiliation, marital status, sexual orientation, or other non-merit factors.
Job Title: Senior Electro-Mechanical Inspector
Location: Hanover, Maryland
Job ID: 11053
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Oceaneering develops products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. The company is the world's largest manufacturer and operator of work class Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROVs) and is also a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, workover control systems, asset integrity services, umbilicals, subsea hardware and tooling. Oceaneering also serves the aerospace, defense and theme park industries.