Skills: Mechanical Engineering
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Qatar, Qatar
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Our Client is looking for a Head, Mechanical Engineering for the project below:
Bul Hanine Re-Development Project for Qatar Petroleum
Terms & Condition:
Work Location: Qatar
Type of Assignment: Contract
Contract Duration: 5 years
Work Schedule: 5 days a week based on 8 hours per day
Start Date: ASAP
Accommodation: Allowance provided
Mob/Demo tickets :Provided
Medical Insurance : Provided
· B.Sc. in Mechanical Engineering from a recognised University, higher degree would be advantageous.
· Membership of a recognised professional engineering association (or institution) is preferable.
· A minimum of 15 years' experience in Mechanical Engineering design in Oil & Gas Industry with an Oil & Gas Company or Consultant/Contractor, of which at least 10 years should have been in offshore Oil & Gas processing projects.
· Of the 15 years' experience, a minimum of 8 years should have been as a Senior Mechanical Engineer in a major project and a minimum of 5 years as Lead Mechanical Engineer in design of major projects in a reputable engineering consultant, EPIC Contractors or O&G Company.
· Fully familiar with Shell DEP's and other international design codes and standards.
· Fully familiar with Mechanical Engineering discipline software and design review.
· Familiar with all types of FEED and EPIC deliverables, equipment, design and construction progress reviews.
· Proven ability to manage Mechanical Engineering team in a major project environment.
· Fundamental knowledge to level of "proficient" or preferably level of "mastery" in Mechanical Engineering with added strength in the other disciplines to level of "developed".
· Strong technical, planning, communication, reporting and leadership skills.
· Accountable for the technical integrity of the engineering and design activities within the Mechanical Engineering discipline and for ensuring that safe, cost-efficient and on-time Mechanical Engineering design is developed for the project.
· Be responsible for and provide direction to the technical services in the Mechanical Engineering elements of the project scope, with special attention to the Design Basis, FEED and EPIC scope preparation and execution, design/ safety/operations reviews, procurement of equipment & materials, factory acceptance test, vendor selection, and timely resolution of technical and engineering issues, in coordination with Manager Facilities (Phase 1 / 2) / Engineering Manager, other Head Discipline Engineers and relevant QP stakeholders.
· Be the project's technical expert in the Mechanical Engineering discipline and be the final technical approval authority for deviations and derogations against project specification and Mechanical Engineering technical standards.
· Lead the Mechanical Engineering team in developing design scope and ensure that all related deliverables are in compliance with the applicable codes, standards, Project and Corporate requirements and procedures.
· Coordinate and align the Mechanical Engineering interfaces between the project phases and direct the Contractors design efforts accordingly taking into account safety, start-up, cost and constructability impacts.
· Establish professional work relationships with FEED and EPIC Contractor, represents QPs interest and direct Contractors with any technical queries and interpretation of scope, specifications and standards.
· Maintain an overview of the project Mechanical Engineering capability and highlight to Engineering Manager any critical resourcing issues.
· Provide technical guidance and prepare the Mechanical Engineering specific elements for the FEED and EPIC tender, procurement activities, technical bid evaluation, technical queries raised by Contractors.
· Participate in Technical bid evaluation and provide necessary guidance in selecting the FEED and EPIC Contractors.
· Lead the selection of suitable equipment & materials, field devices, and other Mechanical Engineering specific systems as per design, evaluate options and select best techno-economic solutions for project facilities.
· Endorse the Mechanical Engineering design calculation reports, system studies, design philosophies, software model input and output, drawings, data bases, specifications and vendor data.
· Provide technical guidance during FEED, detailed engineering, procurement, fabrication, testing, installation, commissioning/start-up stages of the project and monitor the implementation of QA/QC processes, in order to achieve deliverables and facilities that meet project requirements.
· Ensure that design integrity is maintained throughout fabrication through correct handling of site queries and proper application of QA/QC processes.
· Provide guidance and support to conduct Safety and Design Reviews in coordination with Manager Facilities I Engineering Manager, other Head Discipline Engineers and the Loss Prevention Engineers.
· Supervise team members and support the development of Qatari Nationals by ensuring that they receive proper job training and development.
If this opportunity is of interest to you, please forward your updated CV.
MPH group was founded in 1985 in France and our Middle East office was set up in 2001 and headquarters in Dubai, UAE. MPH Global services was formed as a result of the merger between MPH and ASSYSTEM.
Dedicated to providing technical expertise for oil and gas (onshore and offshore), Naval, Construction, Health Safety & environment, renewal energy, nuclear and water treatment industries, Our key strength lies in our ability to mobilize highly skilled technical professionals, within a short span, regardless of the location or time.
We are spread around the globe with full-fledged offices in all strategic locations. Our worldwide presence enables us to be in a better position to cater to our client’s requirements from our talent pool comprising of wide range of nationalities and expertise.
We invest in amazing global talents and focus on retaining them, so that the skills and experience gained by our consultants from the various client projects stay with us and can be utilized by our clients. We at MPH, achieves the same by offering our consultants long-term career and professional development.