Skills: Mechanical Engineering, Rotating Equipment
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Offshore, Qatar
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Our Client is looking for a Senior Rotating Equipment Engineer for the project below:
Bul Hanine Re-Development Project for Qatar Petroleum
Terms & Condition:
Work Location : Qatar (Offshore)
Type of Assignment : Contract
Contract Duration : 5 years
Work Schedule : 5 days a week based on 8 hours per day
Start Date : ASAP
Mob/Demo tickets : Provided
Medical Insurance : Provided
· Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering from an internationally recognised University. A Chartered Engineer status or membership with another Professional Institution is preferred.
- A minimum of 15 years of relevant experience in Oil & Gas industry with an Oil & Gas Company or reputed Consultancy/Contractor in the areas of design and selection of Rotating Equipment (pumps, compressors, gas turbines, variable speed drive systems, turbo-machinery packages, expander compressors etc). The candidate shall have adequate exposure in developing and endorsing machinery selection/application and sizing studies for major rotating equipment such as compressors and pumps with large prime movers-gas turbines and motors. Experienced in FAT, SAT, pre-commissioning / commissioning / Start-up /Operation Support and trouble shooting. Must possess excellent written and oral English language and reporting skills.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical expertise/service to the Project in for development of design forrotating equipment packages for highly sour offshore facilities with special attention to FEED, Detailed Design and in EPIC Execution stage.
- Develop and endorse machinery selection reports, application and sizing studies and select best techno-commercial solutions to ensure designs are optimal, safe, cost effective and in compliance with the latest Codes, Standards, National and QP Corporate requirements and Procedures.
- Lead machinery material handling and lifting studies
- Support FEED execution and procurement of Long Lead Items, review and provide input to Technical deviations, support tendering activities (including tendering preparation, pre-qualification, bid evaluation and award) for FEED and EPIC contracts.
- Review detailed design specifications and drawings submitted by Contractors and Consulting Engineers for compliance with Design Basis, Specifications, Codes, Standards and Industry Practices.
- Undertake various Rotating equipment package design, selection/application and sizing studies, as well as studies for existing facilities revamp/upgrade as necessary.
- Provide rotating equipment technical support to Project in various phases of the Project lifecycle i.e. Study, SOW preparation, Pre-award evaluations, Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Commissioning and Start-up phases.
- Ensure full life cycle costs are taken into consideration during the decision- making process for design. Carry out in-house Mechanical design related to optimization and selection studies, prepare data sheets and specifications for Rotating Equipment.
· If this opportunity is of interest to you, please forward your updated CV.
MPH group was founded in 1985 in France and our Middle East office was set up in 2001 and headquarters in Dubai, UAE. MPH Global services was formed as a result of the merger between MPH and ASSYSTEM.
Dedicated to providing technical expertise for oil and gas (onshore and offshore), Naval, Construction, Health Safety & environment, renewal energy, nuclear and water treatment industries, Our key strength lies in our ability to mobilize highly skilled technical professionals, within a short span, regardless of the location or time.
We are spread around the globe with full-fledged offices in all strategic locations. Our worldwide presence enables us to be in a better position to cater to our client’s requirements from our talent pool comprising of wide range of nationalities and expertise.
We invest in amazing global talents and focus on retaining them, so that the skills and experience gained by our consultants from the various client projects stay with us and can be utilized by our clients. We at MPH, achieves the same by offering our consultants long-term career and professional development.