Skills: NDT Technician
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Houston, TX, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.
The SIS Senior NDE Specialist will be responsible for technical implementation and operational support of Specialist Inspection Services (SIS) advanced and conventional NDE technologies, with specific emphasis on ACFM and advanced ultrasonic testing (UT) systems.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for organization and execution of jobs following work instructions, with specific emphasis on specialist techniques. Required to assist and support SIS Management in day to day activities. Supervise and direct the activities of other SIS and NDE personnel.
- Assist clients with their inquiries.
- Responsible for equipment, maintenance, and QHSE (Oceaneering and Client) document control. Keep abreast of technical developments within the industry and assessment of technologies that will benefit the group.
- Perform training for all levels of technicians, which include: in-house and field training, mentoring, and annual assessments of technicians to ensure competency and aid continual advancement and improvement.
- Perform ACFM, UT, and other NDE method examinations of onshore and offshore pipelines, plant piping and pressure retaining systems, offshore topside and subsea pressure retaining equipment and structural systems. Be thoroughly familiar with the scope, capabilities, and limitations of the techniques and methods in which certified.
- Maintain test sample logs and assessing the requirements for test sample acquisition.
- Work with the SIS Technical Management team in maintaining procedures relating to the relevant discipline, generating techniques and managing quality control of the method.
- Assist the Technical Management team in Business Development, including updating information sheets and technical bulletins and attending open days, workshops, and industry trade conferences.
- Organize pre-job preparations, project execution, and post job activities, including reporting and job file completion. May travel alone or as part of a team.
- Continue training to receive qualifications in other conventional and advanced NDE methods and technologies.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures paying special attention to health, safety, environmental, and quality (HSE&Q;) policies.
Direct the work of Level I/ trainee and Level II SIS and NDE personnel.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
*Education, Qualifications, and/or Experience *
Vocational Training (Documented NDT) in various NDE and inspection methods and technologies required and minimum of 10 years’ experience in ACFM and UT is required.
- Certifiable to ASNT Level II (Level III preferred).
- Previous certification to ASNT SNT-TC-1a Level II (Level III preferred) in primary NDE methods is required: PT, MT, VT, UT and RT.
- Knowledge of other advanced NDE methods a plus, including Phased Array (PAUT), Eddy Current, AUT, GUL, PEC, and EMATs. Third party UT qualifications such as API and ACCP are a plus.
- Work in a team environment and/or be a team project manager.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of product manufacturing and inspection technology.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must possess or be able to obtain a TWIC card, valid Passport, Safe Gulf & HUET Water Survival.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, political affiliation, marital status, sexual orientation, or other non-merit factors.
Job Board Partnership
Job Title: Sr. SIS NDE Specialist
Location: Houston, Texas
Job ID: 11048
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Oceaneering develops products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. The company is the world's largest manufacturer and operator of work class Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROVs) and is also a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, workover control systems, asset integrity services, umbilicals, subsea hardware and tooling. Oceaneering also serves the aerospace, defense and theme park industries.