Skills: Environmental, Safety & Training
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.
Management of the full Commercial process for Asset Integrity, World-Wide. Provide leadership to the Commercial Team and support the Project Delivery Teams. This will include managing all of the processes and procedures that support the Commercial Management of the business.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Promote the Company; support the development of Business Unit strategies
- Investigate, Formulate and Recommend policy, procedural or process changes to improve or enhance client delivery
- Analysis and review of Customer requirements and the investigation of new or alternative commercial response.
- Collate accurate information on competitors pricing gleaned from the market and other sources.
- Attend bid/no bid meetings
- Define rate build up requirements and set standards for cost transparency and control, ensuring cost in tenders and projects are accurate
- Ensure that the risk profile in tenders and projects are understood and mitigated and commensurate with the return.
- Participate in Red Team Reviews
- Supporting the Operations delivery teams in understanding Contract content and assisting in the preparation of CTR's and review of subsequent Orders.
- Ensure completion of Special Conditions in support of CTR’s and Proposals
- Ensure completion of Contract Payment Terms in support of CTR’s and Proposals
- Ensure KPI's reflect the scope in support of CTR’s and Proposals
- Ensure local content is specified in support of CTR’s and Proposals
- Commence variation process where changes occur in agreed contract terms
- Ensure annual rate reviews are undertaken in accordance with contract terms
- Conduct lessons learnt reviews ensuring that the internal feedback loop on the commercial aspects of projects is fed back into tenders
- Conduct contract performance reviews
- Commercial lead for the development of technology (cost, price, terms)
- Review of all legacy deals for all business lines globally.
- Formulation of global commercial database.
- Support to the Strategic account director for commercial input into global account formation.
- Participate and where necessary lead QA/QC investigations into identified Cost of Poor Quality issues
- The list of job duties is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake tasks that may reasonably be expected within the scope of the post
- Assist with any other duties as and when required
- Undertake specific projects as instructed by management
- Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to in so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment
- Comply with Oceaneering HSE policies and procedures
- Embrace the Oceaneering 8 Quality principles
- Comply with Oceaneering Data Protection policies
- Comply with Oceaneering Bribery & Corruption policies
- Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems of the Company
- Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment
Directly supervises Commercial Assistants. In addition has non direct employees performing commercial tasks. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Managing People - Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; Takes responsibility for subordinates' activities; Makes self available to staff; Provides regular performance feedback; Develops subordinates' skills and encourages growth; Solicits and applies customer feedback (internal and external); Fosters quality focus in others; Improves processes, products and services.; Continually works to improve supervisory skills.
- Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals.
- Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures; Contributes to profits and revenue; Conserves organizational resources.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Strategic Thinking - Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Understands organization's strengths & weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition; Identifies external threats and opportunities; Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Change Management - Develops workable implementation plans; Communicates changes effectively; Builds commitment and overcomes resistance; Prepares and supports those affected by change; Monitors transition and evaluates results.
- Delegation - Delegates work assignments; Matches the responsibility to the person; Gives authority to work independently; Sets expectations and monitors delegated activities; Provides recognition for results.
Education and/or Experience
- Minimum of 5 years experience in similar position (E)
- Maintains a regional understanding of Oil and Gas industry (P)
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and able to communicate effectively both verbal and written (E)
- Stimulates team spirit in the working environment (E)
- Should be flexible to travel for Operational requirements (E)
- Demonstrate a lot of initiative, drive and motivation to achieve our company’s goals (E)
- Demonstrate a creative approach to problem solving (P)
- Willing to challenge “the norm” and generate viable and workable alternatives (P)
- Ability to manipulate and coordinate large volumes of data quickly and accurately (E)
Ability to read, analyzes, and interprets general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have complete knowledge of Microsoft Office and Oceaneering systems.
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package, relocation support and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.
Job Title: Commercial Team Lead
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland
Job ID: 11049
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Oceaneering develops products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. The company is the world's largest manufacturer and operator of work class Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROVs) and is also a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, workover control systems, asset integrity services, umbilicals, subsea hardware and tooling. Oceaneering also serves the aerospace, defense and theme park industries.