Skills: Financial Analyst
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: OTM, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
30052BR SOPUS/Canada Underwriting Analyst - Houston, TX United States OTM Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies with over 90,000 employees in more than 70 countries and territories. In the US, we have operated for over a century and are a major oil and gas producer onshore and in the Gulf of Mexico, a recognized innovator in exploration and production technology, and a leading manufacturer and marketer of fuels, natural gas and petrochemicals. We deliver energy responsibly; operate safely with respect to our neighbours and work to minimize our environmental impact. We are in search of remarkable people who will thrive in a diverse and inclusive work environment to deliver exciting projects locally and globally. People who are passionate about exploring new frontiers. Innovators and pioneers. People with the drive to help shape our future. Because remarkable people achieve remarkable things.
- Specific activities for this role will be as agreed with the line manager, and will likely evolve over time in order to build competence across the broader spectrum of credit activities. However, these will include the following:
- Conduct all credit activities as part of the underwriting/customer/counter-party on-boarding and ongoing maintenance process mainly for those businesses in T&S located in North America. This includes an ability to interact and manage stakeholders within various stakeholders including teams in the commercial, legal, contracts, and finance team.
- Complex financial and business risk evaluation of new counter-parties, and re-evaluation of certain existing counter-parties, with respect to historic and forecast metrics, and all other relevant information available to the Global Credit organization (including 3rd party information sources and any face to face (F2F) visits resulting in recommended credit terms (e.g. secured/ unsecured, amount of open credit line) on which relevant Shell T&S Businesses should trade with the specific counter-party
- Approval of recommended credit terms to already existing counter-parties at the delegated authority limits set out in the Shell Trading & Supply Credit Policy, where this has been agreed with the relevant Credit Manager for the given counter-party (or class of counter-parties) and where the deviation from the prevailing rating and credit terms fall within agreed parameters.
- Interact with colleagues in regions of London, Singapore, and Manila who will undertake credit assessments.
- For higher levels of delegated authority, present the recommended credit terms to the relevant Credit Manager, or Head of Finance Risk Managemente for approval.
- Finalization and filing of the approved credit evaluation in a central global repository, and updating of all relevant credit management systems in line with the approved credit terms (both internal limits, including subsequent allocations between different Shell Trading & Supply entities and externally-agreed contract thresholds).
- Provide ad-hoc assistance to the Head of Global Underwriting & Operations, alongside the core role.
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Minimum three (3) years experience in Finance.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment required.
- Demonstrated ability to work quickly under pressure, and manage workload ahead of time while retaining the ability to switch priorities as required by commercial realities
- Proven experience in working in a global organization and in a virtual working environment preferred.
- Proven communication skills, both written and verbal with the ability to work effectively with senior level positions both internally and externally; develop strong working relationships in difficult circumstances.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video