Houston, TX, US
Houston, TX, US
Skills: Financial Analyst
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, TX, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
30321BR MOTIVA - Indirect Tax Business Analyst - Houston, TX United States Houston, TX Motiva Enterprises is on a journey to become the safest and most profitable downstream company in the U.S. More than 3,700 dedicated professionals comprise the 50/50 joint venture between Shell and Saudi Aramco. Motiva has refineries located in Convent and Norco, Louisiana and Port Arthur, Texas with combined capacity of over 1 million barrels per day, making it the third largest manufacturing company in the Americas. A strategic distribution network of product terminals across the eastern and southern parts of the U.S. delivers quality gasoline and petroleum products to nearly 8,300 Shell-branded retail outlets. Be part of a dynamic and nimble organization where your talents are rewarded and your efforts make a difference in the company’s performance.
As announced on March 16, Motiva’s owners have signed a non-binding Letter of Intent to separate the assets and businesses of the joint venture. Saudi Aramco publicly stated at that time Motiva will be set up as an autonomous integrated downstream affiliate. As such, Motiva remains committed to managing its current business and preparing the organization to function as a stand-alone entity. Motiva is seeking talented professionals who want to make a difference in the company and the industry.
The experienced Indirect Tax Business Analyst’s purpose:
Project Agility Delivery – as part of the Indirect Tax project team:
Post Project Agility Go Live:
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Minimum eight (8) years of downstream oil and gas experience.
- Proven experience with the following applications preferred (ARE, Cognos, CorpSales, PEGA and Right Angle)
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Access.
- Proven ability to adapt to new/changing circumstances and ambiguous/pressured situations.
- Proven ability to creatively propose solutions to indirect tax issues, while effectively considering associated risks.
- Demonstrated knowledge of various state and local fuel and sale/ use tax laws and procedures.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video