Skills: HR - General
Experience: 6 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Port Arthur, TX, US
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
30366BR MOTIVA HR Account Manager (Port Arthur, TX) United States Port Arthur, TX Motiva Enterprises is on a journey to become the safest and most profitable downstream company in the U.S. More than 3,700 dedicated professionals comprise the 50/50 joint venture between Shell and Saudi Aramco. Motiva has refineries located in Convent and Norco, Louisiana and Port Arthur, Texas with combined capacity of over 1 million barrels per day, making it the third largest manufacturing company in the Americas. A strategic distribution network of product terminals across the eastern and southern parts of the U.S. delivers quality gasoline and petroleum products to nearly 8,300 Shell-branded retail outlets. Be part of a dynamic and nimble organization where your talents are rewarded and your efforts make a difference in the company’s performance.
As announced on March 16, Motiva’s owners have signed a non-binding Letter of Intent to separate the assets and businesses of the joint venture. Saudi Aramco publicly stated at that time Motiva will be set up as an autonomous integrated downstream affiliate. As such, Motiva remains committed to managing its current business and preparing the organization to function as a stand-alone entity. Motiva is seeking talented professionals who want to make a difference in the company and the industry.
Purpose & Accountabilities
The Motiva HRAM is accountable for local HR/IR client support for 200+ employees at the Motiva Port Arthur Refinery.
- Provides daily client support to multiple refinery departments.
- Partners with leadership teams to strengthen employee engagement and relations, proactively identify and address employee issues, help frame and execute the talent agenda, and create a culture of high performance.
- Works within the framework of the collective bargaining agreement, and in conjunction with on-site Union leaders and Field Management, to ensure safe, continuous operations of the refinery.
- Supports organizational effectiveness through supporting and championing change journeys/initiatives at the site.
- Provides leadership coaching and development; actively growing front line leaders.
- Leads and champions all HR/IR processes such as compensation, performance management, Open Resourcing, job evaluations, talent management processes, grievance meetings, contractual items, etc.
- Partners with the HR Manager and other HRAMs to ensure alignment and consistent delivery / support to the site.
Client group size: 200+ employees (both represented and non-represented)
Business Complexities: Requires understanding of business strategy and HR agenda for Motiva/ Saudi Aramco
Saudi Arabian Oil Company (Saudi Aramco), through its wholly owned Saudi Refining Inc. (SRI) subsidiary, and Royal Dutch Shell (Shell), through its US downstream affiliates, announced recently that they have signed a non-binding Letter of Intent (LOI) to divide the assets of Motiva Enterprises LLC - enabling both companies to pursue independent downstream growth strategies. The Motiva joint venture was formed in 1998 and has operated as a 50/50 refining and marketing joint venture between the parties since 2002.
In the proposed division of assets, SRI will retain the Motiva name, assume sole ownership of the Port Arthur, Texas refinery, retain 26 distribution terminals, and have an exclusive license to use the Shell brand for gasoline and diesel sales in Texas, the majority of the Mississippi Valley, the Southeast and Mid-Atlantic markets. Shell will assume sole ownership of the Norco, Louisiana refinery (where Shell operates a chemicals plant), the Convent, Louisiana refinery, nine distribution terminals, and Shell branded markets in Florida, Louisiana and the Northeastern region.
- Must have legal authorization to work in the U.S on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- BS degree in Human Resources or Labor Relations. MS degree preferred.
- Minimum six (6+) years human resource experience.
- Ability to proactively prioritize tasks and complete in a timely manner.
- Strong Stakeholder and change management skills.
- Strong Relationship / Influencing skills and ability to interface and manage across all levels
- Strong Coaching and Intervention skills particularly with building leadership skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- OE experience / previous work preferred.
- Manufacturing site work experience preferred.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video