Ontario, Canada, Canada
Ontario, Canada, Canada
Skills: Materials Management
Other Skills: electrical or cogeneration facility construction
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Some College
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Ontario, Canada, Canada
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: Canada
Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada
Construction Coordinator for the Niagara PVC Cogen Project that will be taking place at the Niagara Falls Canada facility located near Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada. This Construction Coordinator position will be established as a Company representative position working directly with construction contractors and will be the Company Corporate Engineering representative at the construction site. The Construction Coordinator will report directly to the Company Corporate Engineering Manager of Construction, and indirectly to the Project Manager. This position will be responsible for supporting the coordination of all construction site activities, site safety and project execution. More specifically, the Construction Coordinator responsibilities will be the following:
• Achieving a safe working environment for staff and on-site contractors
• Insuring that Company Safety Rules and Regulations are observed
• Monitoring construction work for safe work practices, monitoring of quality and compliance with project requirements, performing Job Observations.
• Monitoring and supporting the completion of all construction activities
• Supporting the control of construction costs
• Working with the project construction contractor to monitor construction schedule
• Working with the project construction contractor for overall quality of the field construction
• Insuring that all construction complies with engineering drawings and specifications and Company quality standards
• Coordinating all construction activities with operating plant personnel to avoid disruption of operations at the existing plant
• Maintaining construction documentation, correspondence, files, test records and "As-built" drawings
• Reporting construction progress, costs and problems to the Company Manager of Construction and the Project Manager
• Keeping Project Management well informed of external problems that are impacting construction
• Oversee the preparation of facilities for transfer to the Company operating group
• Evaluating and reporting contractor performance
This project will be construction a new cogeneration process at an existing Company facility and it is preferred that candidates for this position have a good mechanical and civil construction background. Candidates having additional electrical or cogeneration facility construction experience would be beneficial.
Good communication and presentation skills are required. This position will be expected to have good computer skills using MS Word and Excel.